View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: X Minus 2 Customs Card Creator - NEW PREVIEW

I'm pleased to announce the November preview of my web-based customs card creator app. This early preview still won't let you switch templates or load miniature images, but please have a look and let me know what you think! Expect version 1.0 to hit later this month.

NOTABLE CHANGES
- works on all major browsers
- faster card rendering
- text placement is now consistent with all browsers, OSs
- kerning is "different"--better in many spots, worse in others
- regression: editing interface not as slick. (I will try to get it as nice as before, eventually.)
- (under-the-hood: moved from DOM/SVG foreignObject layout to doing it myself)

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
If you use a reasonably recent browser on your phone, tablet, or computer, you're good-to-go. If you want tech support for this app from me, use one the two most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Safari running on one of the two most recent versions of Windows(1), MacOS, Android, Ubuntu, or iOS.

KNOWN ISSUES
- Edit boxes aren't well aligned on iOS (but the generated card has perfect alignment)
- Save button doesn't work on Safari. (Workaround: hit preview and right-click save the preview image)

ROADMAP
Major additional features are planned to roll out as follows
- Version 1 (late November): All classic scape templates
- Version 2 (December): Loading graphics
- Version 3 (January): GrabCut, FTW!
- Version 4 (Feb/Mar): Marvel, other templates
- later: collections? online sharing? keywording? Help me decide!

CREDITS
I'm still using @Mooseman 's miniature background graphic. The default card text in this preview is @Ninja Status ' entry in @Dr.Goomonkey 's June custom contest.

FOOTNOTES/MISC
1) For support purposes, I'm pretending Windows 8 doesn't exist. I will support Windows 7 and 10.
2) Macs (any browser) have the most Hasbro-accurate font rendering. It's basically identical. Next is Firefox, IE, or Edge on Windows, and least accurate is Chrome on Windows. Really though, I've got them all very, very close to Hasbro with this version of the card maker. However, I think I can make even more progress in the future, eeking out that extra 1% on Windows to match Macs. (Side note: Chrome on Windows happens to render closest to C3V specs even though C3V doesn't render it's cards on Windows.)

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK