View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
HALLS of VALHALLA Nominee Discussion - EOV Hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva
A long time ago, I promised myself that, when the time was right, I'd nominate a certain unit to the Halls, for Historical Significance, in a World War II kind of way -- like it or not, it's historically significant for the effects it's had on the community.

The idea, however, was not to make trouble for the creator, and thus I waited until the wounds healed a good bit. Now, truth finally brought it up and discussed it on Scapetalk, and thus I feel it's become a subject that can be discussed again.

Also, the Halls have been dead for weeks.

Thus, without further ado, on grounds of historical significance, as definitely one of the top three customs with the most impact on the history of our community, I nominate truth's Elite Onyx Vipers:

This card was created as a joke back on HSHQ, presented as a real version of the final card, and quickly rose to a 47-pages thread, including some death threats at the instigators.

Personally, I think it was great. Others don't. But most of all, the significance of the event cannot be denied. I strongly suggest that, along with the card's introduction, we have someone with first-hand knowledge of the debacle write up an account for future generations. This was as big as the shelf, and we should no longer try to pretend it never happened.
ArchonShiva Nominated and Chaos Child, Doc Savage and JustJohn have agreed it should move on to discussion and voting.

So this fabled, hated, laughed about piece of history is getting the 1st official Nominee thread in the revamped Halls.

As a reminder - here are the rules...

NOMINEE DISCUSSION THREAD

There will be no more than 2 active Nominee Discussion Threads at any given time. ANYONE in the community can participate in the discussion on these threads.

After a minimum of one week of discussion, voting may begin. Sometimes the discussion will go on longer. During the discussion period, if there are issues that the creator wishes to address, they can post rebuttals to issues or revisions of the card. When the creator is satisfied that they will make no further comments or revisions, the Judges will vote.

When the discussion and voting are done, the creator will have the option to have the discussion merged with their own creators thread.

Historic Cards are voted in or not – editing of the cards should not happen. Many of the creators have moved on from the community and you wouldn’t ask for a retouch of a Picasso to straighten a nose. If the creator wishes to or already has updated the card, that new card can be linked.

VOTING

As we restart the Halls, there will be 6 Judges on the Panel. When it comes time to vote, each Judge should cast their vote in the Nominee Discussion Thread and give the reasons for their vote. If more Judges join the Panel, the following requirement still stands; Two dissenting votes eliminates a nominee. The Panel shall have a maximum of 9 Judges.

To get into the Halls there has to be an overriding consensus that the card is deserving of a place with the best of the best. A minimum of 4 Judges must cast YES votes. There can be a maximum of 1 dissenting vote.

If one Judge strongly objects, the voting shall not be considered final until the objection is considered by the other Judges. Each Judge then makes a final determination as to their vote.

Judges may not vote on their own customs, but they may participate in the discussion of their custom.

Should the card be voted in to the Halls it will take its place either Honoring our Roots or with the cards representing the Heroscapers Best.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/