View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:08 PM

enkidu is surprisingly tart
Re: Astronomically High Heroscape Prices- Why?

As Onacara says, ebay's completed listing feature is a great way to see what folks are actually paying for stuff. It is often lower than what people shoot for on Buy It Now pricing. But some of this stuff is really pricey. It look me a long time to take the plunge and pay 2-3 times original retail for scape. I've had to do that to get what I want, but you can still get an awful lot without going overboard, if you are willing to shop and wait. I've bought mostly from fellow scapers and Auggies, which is more affordable, but occasionally ebay sells for reasonable prices. I just picked up a RTTFF for $35 shipped, for instance.

The thing is every once in awhile--rarely mind you--someone will pay crazy money for rare items like Ticalla Jungle or Aquilla Alliance or Skahen or Woo. It annoys me because it just encourages more crazy asking prices, but I imagine these people pay these prices, because they have lots of money and little time. Their time is more valuable than the extra they are paying, so they pay it. I personally can't justify ever getting ripped off, but some folks don't see it that way. They don't mind paying a premium to get what they want, when they want.