View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Blastatrons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
The question of the hour is is marcu q9 and isamu better or worse than Captain america.
Very hard question! Q9's got the longer range and the Chill Touch immunity. Cap can throw quite a few more attack dice over the course of a game. Cap can help the blasts' attack with Tactician, but Q9 can too, by giving homing device. Personally, I would be more inclined to go with Cap, because if you meet a unit that can force you to put order markers on the blasts, such as Krav, Sgt. Drake, Dzu-Teh, or a raelinated Oni, you could engage with Cap and smash face with that 6 attack and counterstrike. But then throw in Isamu/Marcu and it turns back into a crapshoot! I think it has more to do with your personal style than with objective, measurable power level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxanadu13 View Post
I think this will play well with Blastatrons:

Major Q9: For Long range backup to the Gladiatrons
Warden 816: For added backup and +1 guard movement
Blastatron x2: with 6 movement they should get to high ground fast.
Gladiatrons x2: with bonding they will lock down units and give bonus
of +1 to Blastatrons.
Theracus: To help either Major Q9 or Warden 816 achieve high ground
Isamu: Well who else could fill the 10 point role?

600 points

Any Feedback? I'm playing this one next week.
I think a third squad of glads would be a better buy than the Warden. Actually, if you have a third squad of blasts, too, I would ditch the riff-raff altogether and go with:

240 glads x3
180 blasts x3
180 Major Q9

That is going to bury most of the 600-point armies I've seen or played.