View Single Post

Old October 18th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Tournament Armies Played

5-8 total tournament record. How mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestered in Westford - 1/2/10

480 point armies, standard swiss-style. Link.

I played:
  • Nilfheim
  • 2x Stingers
  • 3x Dividers
  • Marcu

and went 2 - 3.

Some bad luck definitely contributed to that, as did I LIKE PI's "terrible dice aura."

Wins against:

Darkmage7a's eerily similar army: TBR, 3x stingers, 3x dividers, Marcu
Kellymonster's pile-o'-stingers (+ Q9!): Q9, 5x stingers

Both very good games.

Losses against:

Taeblewalker, in a game that would have needed at least another 30 minutes: Raelin, Zetacron, Finn, Tarns, 3x Knights(?). As it was, time had to be called and I lost by about 20 points.
Arp12's horde of zombies. No, seriously: 8x Zombies. Horrendous defense dice rolling on Nilfheim's part brought this game to an end long before it should have been over. I blame luck for this defeat, although in retrospect I would have done things a bit differently.
My dad: Charos, Q9, Tarns, 1x Vipers. I basically taught my dad how to play Heroscape like 2 weeks before the competition, and I gave him an army of the easiest-to-play units I could think of. I should have won this game, I destroyed him basically every game we played at home. But, I guess sometimes the dice really turn against you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha's NHSD 09 Adventure

Link to thread. Quick Summary - Bring two armies of 440 points each, designate one to be your "A" army and one to be your "B" army. Before each round roll a 6-sided die. On a skull, both players use their A army. On a shield, both players use their B army. On a blank/symbol, the players use each others' A armies. It followed a version of the "Rolling Rumble," so the matches were spontaneously arranged in the absence of some kind of "normal" tournament structure.

I played 8 games and was 3-5 on the day overall.

A- 1 Win, 2 Losses
  • Marro Stingers X2
  • Syvaris
  • Finn the Viking Champion
  • Raelin RotV
  • Izumi Samurai

Win against one of Onacara's son I believe (superior tactics more than anything), loss against someone who didn't have a username (just barely lost, very close game), and a loss to Nyys in what I can only call the unluckiest game I have every played in my entire life. Seriously. It was bad.

B- 1 Win, 3 Losses
  • Nilfheim
  • Major Q10
  • Krav Maga Agents

A win against my brother, a loss to a totally unfair army that Onacara brought (sentinels and 4th mass, urrghh. The map didn't help either), a loss to somebody else in a game I don't remember for some reason, and a loss to I LIKE PI on a map that really, really hated my army (Nyys' Viper Valley). Also, I found out that nice guys really do finish last, as someone forgot to bring half of I LIKE PI's B army, so I lent him some figures from my A army for that game. And I got destroyed. Figures, doesn't it.

I ended up playing with my opponent's A army only once during the day.

Spoon's A - 1 Win, 0 Losses
  • Venoc Warlord
  • Brave Arrow
  • MRT x2
  • Aubrien Archers x1
  • Theracus
  • Isamu

Win against Spoon, who was playing my A army.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; March 2nd, 2010 at 07:26 PM.