View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings (Under new management?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattserTruckRally View Post
Congratulations Jexik on taking over the reigns and stirring up more controversy! It's been left in good hands and I'm looking foward to seeing how it develops.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Kumiko- Kumiko is a little too weak and situational to be a tournament favorite. Her special attack is extremely limited in its range and scope. Her defense is nice, but she suffers from Tornak-Brunak tri-vitality syndrome. She might be the best non-10 point female ninja yet though. B-
You've caught some guff for this one, but I've got your back. If you want to play 'trons at 540 points and you think you're going to see lots of rats, she's a good pickup. I wish her special let her move one more space, but aside from that I think she's a well-designed figure.
I'm actually going to flip-flop on this one. She's a C+ now. Once I moved Jotun and some of the others down, she doesn't seem like B material to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
So, I have to say, I'm curious to see what will happen to the A+ category. Seems like you've made a lot of posts in the past about that category, Jexik, and ways to reconceive it. Hmm. What may come....

I will miss having SP doing this, but Jexik you are definitely the top of the list to keep this going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I'm glad to see the power of melee getting a rise in the rankings with The Orcs, SB, Dwarves, and even Caps. Now that Spider is out, maybe I can finally get the knights to A+ where they belong.
After seeing Hendal do so well with 7x Stingers + Raelin two years running, I'd be stupid to drop them down to A. They just don't have any terrible matchups, and are very flexible when it comes to army drafting.

Likewise for the 4th Mass. Anyone who actually plays them always seems to do well. I'm pretty sure that they were Mattser's only Day 1 loss at least one of the years that he won it all, maybe even both times.

That's part of the reason I didn't feel so bad about bumping up a lot of other decent squads. The relative power difference is still there.

However, I'm going to add a unit to the A+ category, now that you mention it.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)