View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Discussion Thread (Comics Customs Creators Guild)

So he was back. The modern day "Billy the Kid". He was well known in the industry as one who shot out customs with his eyes closed, and then left a little green smiley face on his victims as if to mock them in their feeble attempt to live.

One of the others must have called him in. I'd like to give myself credit for making them nervous but it wouldn't be true. They probably still saw me as a cold war relic, an old codger who should be playing this game by mail with another pathetic old soul (editor's note: a private joke with Garada). No, if they did call him in, it was the gravity of the mission.

Thinking about it further, I decided that he just strolled back to town on his own. He must have smelled the coming bloodbath and was itching to share more of his smiley faces. I'll give it to him, his reputation was big and from what I've seen of him myself, he was good. They'll pull him in when they get the chance and maybe he'll straighten them out. Knowing this crew though, odds were against it.

... Welcome back Hi1, and don't mind my stories, I sometimes slip into character before loading my gun:

#1) Necro's idea about separate posts had good intentions but I understand if we don't want to dominate the forum with 6 different threads on the same topic. But I'd like to make a suggestion before I start breaking heads again. Some of us check in once or twice a day and are bombarded with several pages of back and forth conversations. It hard to follow as to what was discussed on each character. Can I ask that when anyone posts about a card specifically, they put the character's name in capital bold letter at the top of the post? That will allow us to scan through a single character to see all of the proposed changes and then comment ourselves.
Example:

HAWKGIRL: ... (I use color to even make it easier but I'm not expecting that).

#2) Thank goodness we killed the ranged attack for Hawkgirl (at least I think we did). Remember the big picture folks and balance. Superman= Heat Vision, Batman= Bat-a-rang likely, Green Arrow= Arrows, Black Canary= Scream... that's four ranged attackers against Catwoman= no, Grundy= no, Joker= unknown, Vertigo= likely, Darkseid= power eyes. I see only two villains with range. Never mind the Cops and the Thugs. Please maintain the big picture in mind.

#3) Don't fall in love with any single power or its wording. We'll eventually have to do cost and then balance them with the villains. There could be dramatic changes needed to get this right. Fall out of love with your creations, fall into "relationship of convenience".

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 7th, 2009 at 12:17 AM.