View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Discussion Thread (Comics Customs Creators Guild)

I knew the Aussie was brought in here for a reason, and I knew I didn't want to give him a swift concussion.

The divide and conquer needs to be done, but yes as the Bat says, middle ground.

Here's what you do. Start with the 5 heroes, divide them up (maybe let a sidekick pick who gets what).

Each member goes back and lists the powers/abilities that they see fit and temporarily words them... no stats yet, no color codes, no affiliations.

The creator must know that what they are putting down, may be completely stripped away. In NM24, we always try and keep the basic vision of the creator. Here, we can not have that pride. You are given the task to start the engine, but where that vehicle drives to is up to everyone's input.

All five "basic" heroes go up for discussion at once. You guys have tossed around 4 different obscure NM24 characters, you can do 5 icons.

Being discussed at once allows the brainstorming to come up with synergies between the characters in the set if need be. As ideas get tossed around, the creator cannot be stubborn, they add and delete as the majority of the group sways.

The stats come last. We can use these to balance the cards into point cost parameters that we want.

Now the second set (the villains) may be tougher because we'd have to start with a rough estimate on point values for each to make sure we have a balanced 10. But then again, that may be the type of guidelines needed.

That's my idea, now before I get all "professional" on you guys and have to show you guys what the spy game is all about, I suggest you ponder it.

... Am I having to much fun with this?