View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Discussion Thread (Comics Customs Creators Guild)

The bickering was getting louder, I could start to make out the voices more clearly. Comparisons to Official cards but disregard for Marvel official cards, extra symbols to confuse the public, team allegiances, swift votes without explanation? It was obvious that these guys were planning to disrupt an election and my guess was in Florida again.

The voices were getting louder and not just because I was getting closer. I could tell that the Bat wasn't there to calm everyone down. But then again, was he really the one who plants the seed and gets the group to fight from within. There was a puppet master in the group somewhere but without seeing their faces, I didn't know which one was bald with a lump of clay in his hand.

They didn't hear me coming so the element of surprise was on my side. I slipped past the Griffin as his emotions were running high and I knew I had time before he could prepare. The artsy one who calls himself Garada was the nice guy type, he could wait too. Balantai was just a "sidekick". The Owl could cause some trouble. He had a reputation for talent that I even respected some what, but he even knew he wasn't perfect. So it had to be Necro.

I grabbed the morbid assassin around the neck with a forearm and dropped him over my left knee, smashing the back of his head on the asphalt. Then in one swift move I grabbed the Owl and Balantai by the front of their shirts and swung them off balance into each other. The crack of teeth would keep them quite.

Garada, backed off two steps, took a defensive position but was in no way going to push it. I knew I liked something about that guy.

Griffin finally stopped his monologue and I could see the sweat dripping down from hairline to chin. I walked up to him, looked down from my 6' 5" frame and got in his face.

"Are we done with the chatter boys"

No answer.

"I want you all to give the Bat my message. Compromise needs to happen here. If we all stick to our own beliefs on the look and feel of these things, then it will never happen. So here's the deal," I said with a snarl.

"It was not my idea to put team logos on the top, but I didn't say it was a bad one. I kind of like team logos but like subtitles, only when they make sense. Clark Kent is a dumb idea, there's only one Superman and we all know it. His identity adds no value"

"Marvel logos at the top are just as official as general hexes. Leave them there and only replace them with other comic logos. Every custom has been made that way thus far because it makes sense."

"Team logos can be used sparingly in the left triangle. Wolverine and Beast get X-men logos not Avenger logos. Deadpool gets none."

"Powers are going to be the hard part and can't be voted on until all powers are considered. Otherwise, you'll find yourself going back and looking to change things when new ideas come through."

"Now all of you get up and wipe your faces. You're making the spy industry look bad and I won't have that. And don't forget to tell the Bats, he needs to hear it too."

I walked away nice and slow just to hear them scrambling and licking their wounds. Their pride was more damaged than their bodies. I held back a chuckle and strolled back to my hotel for a nap.

Last edited by Matt Helm; April 30th, 2009 at 05:53 PM.