Personality: Tricky
Size/Height: Medium 5

Life: 1
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 2
Defense: 3

Forest Song 8
When an opponents figure starts it’s turn within 4 clear-sight spaces of a Darkthorn Dryad you control, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, the affected figure must first use its normal movement to move at least one space closer to the nearest Darkthorn Dryad you control (it can then use the rest of its movement normally). Creatures affected by Forest Song 8 cannot make attacks against a Darkthorn Dryad this turn. Forest Song 8 does not affect soulborgs and dryads.

Tree Stride
If a Darkthorn Dryad ends her normal movement adjacent to an evergreen tree, you may immediately place her on an empty space adjacent to an evergreen tree within 10 spaces of the Darkthorn Dryad. If the Darkthorn Dryad is engaged before using Tree Stride, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

—-

I like how this turned out, but I’m not sure that Forest Song is as clear as it could be. The intention is that a figure influenced by the song needs to use the first part of their move to get one space closer to the Dryad, even if that means spending movement on climbing or taking opportunity attacks. After that initial approach, the figure is free to do what it likes, I.e it snapped out of the trance. It’s also supposed to prevent figures from using any form of special movement.

This sets up the Darkthorn Dryad to be an obnoxious control unit with mild self protection. Tree Stride lets her move among the trees, getting out of danger once the enemy has been thoroughly distracted, or moving to the action to disrupt opponent positioning.

No miniature yet, I need to find an easy way of uploading images.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback!