View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2024, 10:59 PM

Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker
Re: Community Prompts

Finally got around to making a custom for one of these prompts and came up with a design I'm quite happy with:

GOSK
Ullar / Toril / Lizardfolk / Unique Hero / Musician / Loyal / Medium 4
Life 4 / Move 5 / Range 1 / Attack 2 / Defense 3 / 60 Points

MUSICIAN TO THE LIZARD KING
At the start of the game, choose another Unique Lizardfolk Hero, or a Unique large or huge Dragon Hero you control, to be Gosk's Lizard King. Gosk must choose the same Lizard King as any Greenscale Warriors you control, if possible. Whenever Gosk's Lizard King moves, Gosk may move up to 4 spaces. Gosk must end his movement within 4 clear sight spaces of his Lizard King in order to use Musician to the Lizard King.

LIZARDFOLK BATTLE RHYTHM
Whenever a Lizardfolk figure within 4 spaces of Gosk is targeted by and takes no wounds from a normal or special attack, you may move that figure one space. That figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

ROYAL SERVANT
Gosk may not be chosen as another figure's Lizard King.

Much as I enjoy playing Greenscales, I find them a lot more thematically interesting when they're paired with Zogross or Maekor as opposed to a dragon. After I found the mini that would become Gosk, I came up with the idea of a group of Greenscales forming up around their Lizard King, "dancing" to the rhythmic drumbeat of their loyal court musician as they fervently defended their leader. It reminded me of the Lizalfos from The Legend of Zelda, which made me love this design even more. Plus, the idea of Gosk lagging ever so slightly behind but providing the inspiration for his fellow Lizardfolk to press on was a fun flavor note that really ties everything together for me. Had a lot of fun with this prompt!