View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2022, 12:22 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Starscream - Initial PT

Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT ( Starscream )
Army Test 1
- Give a brief preview. Stress test here by pairing Starscream up with the GotG where he has a 7 life Ruler (Groot) that can heal themselves to see how that plays out. Also with Groot having a range of 1, he's going to want to be closer to the front lines so perhaps lots of unblockables in play. Star-Lord gets me a stat booster to really push that double ranged attack potential. The GotG get into an altercation with the Starjammers, several of which will want to engage. Side note, Starscream could also choose Rocket (Strategist) as his Superior, but with 4 life I doubt that's a good idea.
Map: Custom, small map with hill in the middle
Units: Starscream@280, Groot 275, Rocket II, Star-Lord (1000) vs. Starjammers (1000)
Corsair, Ch'od, Raza Longknife, Hepzibah, Korvus Rook'Shir
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: I was kind of expecting the Starjammers to lose this one, but I wanted to see how close they could make it. They dropped in on HG, but couldn't really capitalize as their atttack dice were pretty terrible early on. I could have maybe played them better as I ended up having 3 Pirates engage with Groot before he was significantly wounded. In hind sight I should have just stayed back with a few of them until Starscream was ready to betray him. Once I could trigger the unblockables, I didn't have many options to trigger it. Should have sent someone at Starlord sooner, his boosts were significant in this one. Starscream being paired up with Rocket was resulting in 3 ranged attacks per OM reveal, all boosted by SL, so I think I need to pull back on the double attack with his class/species being a GotG fit. As for the rest of his power set, it was intersting to play against. I didn't want to W Starscream before taking out Groot, as I knew he would just heal back, but then I couldn't afford to not engage Groot at which point I should be attacking him. I think going forward I'll try to take Starscream out before his Mentor as a way to avoid the healing aspect.
- Does it pass, Yes or No?Yes, with a change to the double attack.
- What should be the unit's point value? I'm going to bump him up to 300 points going forward.
***Changing Double Attack to Frantic Assualt***
Army Test 2
- Give a brief preview. I had to try Starscream out with Megatron and see how they felt together. Starscream wanting to disengage all the time will make him useful when Megatron wants to use his SA, but not helpful for his OM removal power. Kind of like the underminding his leadership theme going on here. The Russians are trying to make a pact with the Decipticons and have sent Rocket Red to prove they are capable allies. So Megatron orders an assault on some Autobots to test that partnership.
Map: Same map as above.
Units:Starscream @300, Megatron, Laserbeak, Rocket Red (1000) vs. Prime, Bee, Grimlock (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: R1. Prime takes out Laserbeak with the first shot of the game. R2. Starscream takes HG and hits Prime for 2W, Prime engages him, R Red comes over to help free Starscream while getting in a W himself. Bee races in and slams into R Red for a W. Tron moves up, intimidates OM3 off of Grimlock, Prime moves it to Bee (Starscream blocks Prime's view of Grimlock). Bee goes after Tron and deals 2Ws. R3. Starscream flees and take a W, deals 3W to Bee. Prime takes out R Red. Tron intimidates OM3 off of Grimlock again, Prime keeps it for himself. Bee gives Tron another W, then leaves him to engage Starscream. Tron becomes a Pistol weilded by Starscream and finishes off Bee. R4. Grimlock charges Tron and bites him (2W). Grimlock gets hit with the Pistol for 4W. Prime engages Tron, Starscream shoots Tron in the back, then Prime also engages with Starscream. Grimlock finishes off Tron. Starsceam moves around Prime to engage with Grimlock, then flies to HG, deals 1W to Prime. *I realize now this wasn't legal, mistakenly thought both had to be engaged with just 1 figure. R5. Starscream moves up to higher ground, deals another 1W to Prime. Prime charges Starscream, deals 3W. Starscream scores 2W on Prime in a Frantic Assualt. Grimlock joins the fun. Starscream franticly takes out Prime. Grimlock ends the reign of Starscream.
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes, was fun.
- What should be the unit's point value? Game felt pretty even and came down to a close finish so I'll keep testing at 300. *Seeing how I illegally gained HG at the end, game was a little more favorable towards the Autobots after all.
- Give a brief preview. Trying to test out the class change aspect when synergy could be in play. So I have the Maripoor Mercs & Zemo playing proxy to a Cobra build, where if Starscream can take Zemo's place, then the Mercs will follow his orders. Ravage comes along to cement the Cobra/Decripticon theme. I'll head out first with the Decipticons and see what kind of damage I can do, but flee with Starscream once he's taken 3-4 W's. Zemo & the Mercs will be the second wave, Starscream will hopefully heal once Zemo falls and return to the fight. The Wrecking Crew have been moving in on some of their turf and need to be dealt with.
Map: Custom map, a long hilly corridor.
Units: Starscream @300, Ravage, Baron Zemo 200, Madripoor Mercs x2 (800) vs. Wrecking Crew
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: R1. Move Up. R2. Ravage hits Piledriver with a rocket, then pounces on him, for a total of 4W. Wrecker give Ravage a W back, the d20 is cold thus far. R3. Piledriver goes down, followed by Ravage, then Starscream takes a big hit and Frantically flies away, dealing 2W to Bulldozer. D20 still struggling. R4. Zemo steals initiative (-4 for WC), Starscream retreats further. Mercs & WC close, Wrecker takes one out, maybe the D20 will get hot next round? R5. WC take out 2 more Mercs, Zemo rushes forward to trade blows with Wrecker, picking up 3W while giving 3W back. D20 continues to be nothing special. R6. Zemo steals initiative again (-4), he can't take advantage of it though and Wrecker takes him out. Remaining Mercs move up to block off the WC from reaching their new leader, they easily fall though and Starscream finds himself in a fight. He deals 2W to Wrecker, and takes 2W from Thunderball. D20 heats up in this round, great defense rolls save Starscream. R7. WC goes first, Starscream takes 2W, then frantically takes down Wrecker. Thunderball gives him another W, now he can't afford to take a LEA. A frantitc attack scroes 3W on Thunderball. It's too little, too late for Starscream as Thunderball puts him down and takes this territory away from the Cobra/Decipticon alliance.
- Does it pass, Yes or No? He feels pretty good overall, except that his unblockables don't seem to come into play much. Once you have ranged attacks, not much reason to risk the W to engage his Superior. Would like to make it so it triggers when the Superior initiates the engagement.
What should be the unit's point value? WC didn't do anything crazy with the d20, they just tanked hits and samshed stuff for a solid win, even with Starscream getting a full 4W heal in. Mercs seemed kind of like a waste of points in this one, those 3/3 stats just don't offer much vs the WC. Might go back down to 280 for future testing now that the double attack has been toned down.