View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2022, 07:12 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Sindel (Public Playtesting)

Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex
C3G DUAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Sindel

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 205
- Give a brief overview. Went with an enforcer build that had Sindel at the center, Terminator came along for screening purposes because I wasn't sure how her "movement bonding" ability worked. We played it as when Terminator prevents her from attacking it prevents the timing to occur where she would be able to move people, so no mass movement for her.
Map: Chernobyl
Units: .

250 Superwoman (Lois Lane C)
185 Reptile (Syzoth)
150 Balrog
205 Sindel
175 Baraka
220 Terminator (T-800 C)
10 Skrull Infiltrator
1195, 8 hexes

VS

Captain America (Avengers)
Wasp (Avengers)
She-Hulk (Avengers)
Thor (I)
1200, 4 hexes

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 205
- Give a brief overview. Smaller team, much better showing. Cammy definitely has potential with Sindel, played more aggressively this game and saw better results.
Map: Chernobyl
Units:

205 Sindel
175 Baraka
140 Cammy (Cammy White)
330 M. Bison
140 Dee Jay
10 Skrull Infiltrator
1000, 7 hexes

VS

Captain Cold (II)
Weather Wizard (I)
The Top
Abra Kadabra
Plunder
Girder
1000, Girder

Spoiler Alert!

Player 1's THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Sindel is great as long as she is fighting people on her level, she also brings useful utility through development. The current enforcers want to attack a lot and they want to hit hard. In conjunction with Baraka I think she has some viability until we get to flying bricks. Characters that outclass her by a hundred or so points make it known that she can't really crack them.

The requirement of not being able to move if you want to use her D20 power makes it so it is hard for her to threaten someone like Thor or She-Hulk. I think this is thematic though, I'm looking for someone like Shao Kahn to actually bridge that gap between her army and the heavy hitters. I think if I played things a bit better in the avengers matchup (or brought Cammy) that I could have gotten more points. Just looking at how Reptile did I think that the mortal kombat characters all really want to play well together with the addition of Cammy. Same goes for game two, if I had reptile instead of M. Bison then I feel confident that I could have seen a victory. M. Bison v2 design in the works

Player 2's THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Opponent noted that she felt pretty good, there wasn't any point where she was overwhelming but she did feel useful. Also agreed that she definitely gets outclassed against heavy hitters/defenders but more than holds her own against an army like the Rogues.