View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2021, 01:39 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: OHS S41 Delta Duels - Championship

Saved up all my game writeups for the end! I was glad to try out Hatamoto Taro in a tournament scene, and sorry to my opponents for those long grinding games with all the 2 and 3 dice attacks!

Spoiler Alert!

Wrap-up

Two good matchups against knights helped get this army into the playoffs - with the archers in Taro’s aura, knights have the same chance of killing an archer as being killed by them on even ground! The army struggles against ranged squads (Morgan’s riflemen did good damage while kiting in the first knight matchup), as counterstrike does nothing when the opponent uses judicious shot selection. Tying up heroes with the TSA works well to either get more height advantaged attacks against them (as in my DW/Commander Mark 3 matchup) and potential counter strike opportunities. A good option to smooth the matchups against those ranged squads might be Ashi-Dhulu, Krav (an easy sub for two squads of Tagawa in this format), or Sgt Drake.

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; June 10th, 2021 at 10:42 AM.