View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2021, 05:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Steppenwolf - Public Playtesting

Thanks for the tests!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74
Here you go, let me know if you need anything else.

Eric

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Steppenwolf

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Steppenwolf, Parademon Shock Troopers x7 VS Professor X, Cyclops 190, Iceman, Beast, Jean Grey 180, Angel
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Icy Road
Units: Steppenwolf, Parademon Shock Troopers x7, Skrull Infiltrators x2 VS Iron-Man 280, Iron -Man 250, Iron-Man 270, Iron-Man 220
Spoiler Alert!

Bonus Game:
Army Test
Map: Custom Map(Sokovian Aftermath)
Units: Steppenwolf, Parademon Shock Troopers x7 VS Godzilla
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 440 points is good. It would be better with 6 life. Great 1000pt team with 7 Parademon squads.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I really like the power set of Steppenwolf, he has lots of options that seem to be quite powerful and fitting of a 440 point figure. The troop movement is great, as is Battle Hardened. Being able to bring back dead squad figures in always a plus too. His Apolokoliptian Troop Movement is a really strong power on paper, but I had a very hard time pulling it off. The limited 4 movement of the Parademons even with flying makes it a challenge. As did the figures I played against. Being able to end Steppenwolfs movement, or move him out of engagement really stops that power. Ranged figures that fly like Iron-Man(men?) also make it hard. Add in figures like Iron Man Stealth Suit or Godzilla who can avoid staying engaged and its even harder to pull off. I like the power, but for 440 points it should be easier to use. Against a melee based army it probably fairs better. I'd like to see his health moved to 6 life and maybe a movement bonus of 1 extra space for the Shock Troopers when being moved by Apolokoliptian Troop Movement. I like the idea of the figure but it may need a change in numbers. Or maybe I had 3 terrible match ups and against anything else he's great. Looking forward to hearing how he does in his other playtests.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.