View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2021, 03:26 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: OHS Season 39 - Snowed In - Round 4 Until 2/14

Finished up this morning against @Tiamat , who was a pleasure to play with and chat with after the game!

The matchup was
tiamat: Kuthnak, Marcu Esenwein, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Death Chasers of Theskx4, Ogre Pulverizer
vs
s1r: Isamu, Krav Maga Agents, Moltenclaw, Greenscale Warriorsx3

tiamat chose his DC build first, and I followed with the GSWs/MC. I think the DC build is pretty powerful (especially with boiling blood giving AOE!), but the DC's have low defense that I thought would be a perfect target for MC's special since it can reach out 4 spaces from the target just like Nerak's aura and Kuthnak's activation range. Plus I thought having the KMA in the endgame would be helpful with the rivers, frequent height change at the map edges, and sniping spots by the SZ.

Short story is Moltenclaw rushing near the Valda glyph across from tiamat's start zone challenged tiamat's DC/Nerak development. Some solid rolls for his special and the initiative switch (that never went back) helped MC take out Nerak and 8 of the 12 DCs by the end of RD2, OM1 while losing just one GSW. That left me in position to hold height with Greenscales screening at the base above the river and giving MC room to operate and cleanup with both melee and his special.

Long story in the spoiler.

Spoiler Alert!