View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2020, 04:57 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!
Re: Online Heroscape Season 38 - Multi Format Draft R3 til 1

Finished my Round 3 game with Agent Ward. It was a thinker. Our live draft took about 30 minutes between all the army construction, placement decisions, and counter drafts that went on.

Spoiler Alert!

I got opening auto-initiative and Went all Varks. My opening volley killed 2 knights and put 3 hits on Finn, but I had 6 heightened attacks against the Grax that were all blocked. I did kill one of the vipers. Meanwhile AW used his Knights in Round 1 that killed 2 Varks, and Z'Thoth got 2 Order Markers and Madness forced a Vark to die to disengage and another to jump into lava.

Lava against AW: 0/2

Matchup:
7 Varks, 4 Romans, 2 DKs, NGS
vs.
2 KoW, 2 Snakes, 2 DKs, Both Grax, Z'Thoth

Round 2
I won the opening initiative but missed another 4 heightened attacks against the Grax (10 attacks of 4v6 all blocked.....) I move my attacks against ZT but they are also blocked.
Spoiler Alert!

In my last Vark OM I get another 4 attacks off and manage 1 wound to Z'Thoth. So in my last 18 attacks I have done 2 wounds. Ok last time I will mention it, promise

Meanwhile the Grax kill 1 wolf (they were tied down so couldn't move) and Z'Thoth uses his skillz to kill another 2 wolves.

Lava on AW: 0/2 (0/4 total)
Lava on kd: 0/1

Matchup:
4 Varks, 4 Romans, 2 DKs, NGS
vs.
2 KoW, 2 Snakes, 2 DKs, Both Grax, Z'Thoth (5 life)

Round 3
I thought I had a big edge going into this game, but I have now lost a lost of Varks without doing much on his big players. I win intiative and manage to kill one of the Grax and peg a 2nd wound on ZT. The double disengage ZT maneuver kills another wolf. Really excellent placement from AgentWard led to me constantly having to engage the living knights (who kept surviving lava), to get attacks on ZT. He would then madness force disengagement for the kill.

I switch to the Romans because I have no idea how many Wolves would be left. I manage to kill another viper, while ZT takes out a Roman

Lava on AW: 3/3 kills DK, KoW, 1w ZT (3/7 overall)
Lava on kd: 1/1 Quickblade (1/2 overall)

Matchup:
2 Varks, 3 Romans, 2 DKs, NGS
vs.
1 KoW, 1 Snakes, 1 DKs, Single Grax, Z'Thoth (3 life)

Round 4
I win another initiative and Romans kill the last Sentinel. AW has a clever OM on Knights though to get fantastic board position relative to Z'Thoth. I manage to get Z'Thoth down to 1 life when a 2 life ZT threw 2 shields against 3 skulls. Tense. ZT goes bonkers now. Forces NGS to go to a triple disengage (2 hits) and then smacks the Warlord for 2 more wounds (1 life). I have an empty movement order marker on the deathknights (thinking ZT would have been closer), but NGS survives a forced disengage! to live and ZT kills a Roman. Big moment here. Arguably ZT leaves NGS there and takes a 6v7 whack instead? Not sure

Lava on AW: 0/1 against the 1 life ZT!!!! so big (3/8 overall)
Lava on kd: 1/1 kills Roman (2/3 overall)

Matchup:
1 Vark, 2 Romans, 2 DKs, NGS (1 life)
vs.
1 KoW, 1 Snakes, 1 DKs, Z'Thoth (1 life)

Round 5
And now the game turns into the Kelda show!

Both heroes are 2 order markers away. Agent Ward FINALLY wins an initiative. Those knights turn up huge again (KoW x1, Finn so underrated). Does he go for NGS or deathknights (OMs are RL/NGS/dk x2). He decides to go for the dk and his 3v5 gets a kill, NGS blocks the 5 attack Knight. Good decision as my OM is on deathknights. But the last deathknight kills Finn (spirit to Z'Thoth). Z'Thoth can probably put the game away but misses a lava dunk on the last Vark and then misses a 6v2 on the last Roman. My deathknight goes again killing the last Knight. ZT kills the Roman on OM3 and I lose my OM3 (Romans)

No lava

Matchup:
1 Vark, 1 DK, NGS (1 life)
vs.
1 Snakes, 1 DKs, Z'Thoth (1 life)

Round 6
Now it's REALLY about Kelda. AW wins a big initiative and kills the last Wolf (lost OM for me). He then positions ZT around the tree by Kelda, thinking he's safe to pick up Kelda. Unfortunately this was probably a game losing move. He misenterpreted the map and thought the shadow space was 0 instead of even ground. This allows the deathknight on my OM2 to engage and throw 2 skulls!!! But ZT throws 2/3 on shields to block. ZT can't get Kelda on OM3 without disengaging but uses Madness to kill the DK. My OM3 is on NGS who can't reach the glyph but positions so he can.

Matchup:
NGS (1 life)
vs.

Round 7
Now it's REALLY REALLY REALLY about Kelda. Welp I get the initiative and heal up NGS. Agent Ward could have smacked down for a 6v6 on NGS and locked him down on low ground (surrounded by water), but chose to retreat and regroup. He sets up on Lava and misses a Mind Blast. NGS takes the even ground lava and misses his attacks. ZT hops off of lava, NGS does not.

Lava on kd: 1/1 (3/4 overall)

Matchup:
NGS (4 life)
vs.

Round 8

ZT and NGS slug it out with NGS taking one wound from attacks, but surviving a disengage from a pesky deathknight and surviving a lava wound (3/5 final overall lava for me), before one of my hits goes through to finish off the abyss.

Matchup: 3 life NGS vs. 1 deathknight, 1 snake

Rounds 9-10

It takes 2 rounds of fighting between NGS and the deathknight which include the deathknight surviving a lava wound (3/9 overall for AW) and NGS hopping off lava around iniatitive which could have given AW a 3v4 if he'd won the Round 10 initiative, but Finally I take down the deathknight having suffered 1 wound (2 life left)

Round 11-13
Not much to tell here. The Snake and Warlord danced around the map until AW picked the time to make his attack. It was blocked and frenzy failed and the Warlord cleaned up the viper to give me the win with a 2 life NGS.

Excellent game AgentWard.