View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2020, 09:20 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of White Canary (waiting for initial)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: White Canary

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: A Couple Puddles
Units: White Canary (210), Flash Barry (250), Captain Marvel Billy (360), Deathstroke (280) (1000) VS Fan4 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: White Canary (200), Deathstroke (280), Onomatopoeia (155), John Constantine (125), Black Adam (380) (1140) VS Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Judge Dredd, Spawn (1140)
Spoiler Alert!

Version tested: (made some changes here!)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: White Canary (200), Deathstroke (280), Onomatopoeia (155), John Constantine (125), Black Adam (380) (1140) VS Nightwing I, Raven, Starfire, Superboy Kon-El I, Bunker, Artemis (1140)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: White Canary (190), John Constantine (125), Vixen (150), Atom Ray (50), Firestorm (330), Heat Wave (110) (955) VS Gorilla Grodd II, Professor Zoom, Doctor Light, Black Manta (955)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Really fun design. Definitely an exercise in army building. I think the tweak I made after game 2 helped her feel more like White Canary while still getting the metagamey bonding.

White Canary has a couple key weaknesses that keep her pretty good bonding in check. Her bonding isn’t reliable, and the times you roll a 1-5 is crippling. And she often finds herself out of range of allies, as she in particular likes to be engaged to utilize her doubled skulls. It makes for interesting choices in gameplay. Play the safe way, or go for more kills by sending White Canary in to get adjacent.

Felt a little on the weaker side which is probably good for a generalist leader like this (if this were a factional design, I’d cost her at around 180). So I’m pretty happy sending to public testing with the tweaks discussed.

Last edited by Arch-vile; October 11th, 2020 at 09:57 PM.