View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2020, 08:45 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Guardian of the Universe (Sayd) - Testing

Version tested
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test Map: Martian Warzone
Units: Guardian of the Universe (Sayd) (250), Orange Construct Glomulus (140), Orange Lantern Larfleeze (360) (750)vs Invisible Woman (215), Skeletor (340), Yellowjacket (120), Spells (75) (750)

Powers Used:
Orange Lantern Guardian (Upgrade die to skull): 0
Orange Lantern Guardian (No effect): 2
Forced to Serve: 2
Undermining Wisdom (+3): 2
Undermining Wisdom (-3): 0

Damage from normal attacks: 0
Spoiler Alert!

Powers Used:
Orange Lantern Guardian (Upgrade die to skull): 1
Orange Lantern Guardian (No effect): 0
Forced to Serve: 1
Undermining Wisdom (+3): 3
Undermining Wisdom (-3): 0

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Martian Warzone
Units: Guardian of the Universe (Sayd) (250), Orange Construct Glomulus (140), Orange Construct Stolen ID (100), Orange Lantern Larfleeze (360), Orange Lantern Lex (350) (1200)vs Martian Manhunter (300), White Martian x6 (900) (1200)

Powers Used:
Orange Lantern Guardian (Upgrade die to skull): 2
Orange Lantern Guardian (No effect): 1
Forced to Serve: 1
Undermining Wisdom (+3): 1
Undermining Wisdom (-3): 1

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: As is, she is a mild boost to an Orange Lantern and probably not worth the 250 points. Her stats warrant the high cost, but when given the choice to attack with her or Lex or Larfleeze I would always prefer one of the Orange Lanterns. So her decent range and attack are overshadowed by them. In all three games she only made one attack and it failed to deal any damage. The combat die boost is too mild to be overly effective. Basically a 50%/33% chance to change one die into a skull/shield. The few times where it did turn a useless die into a useful die it had little to no effect based on the opposing figures roll.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Sayd did little in my games either directly or even indirectly. I would have a tough time to wanting to draft her into an army. How would feel about this alteration to Orange Lantern Guardian?

ORANGE LANTERN GUARDIAN
At the start of the game, choose an Orange Lantern you control. For the entire game, once per combat roll, the chosen figure may alter two of the dice rolled. One die must be changed to a Shield and one die must be changed to a Skull.

OR

ORANGE LANTERN GUARDIAN
For the entire game all Orange Lanterns you control may re-roll one combat die, once per combat roll.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points