View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2020, 02:52 AM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Crossbones (Public Playtesting)

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Crossbones

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 150-170
- Give a brief overview. Ended up being a super close match. Crossbones did decently well but is rather squishy. I made some playing errors with him leaving him exposed to retrieve the Cube and that spelled his early downfall, but he was still able to make use of both Trigger Man and Human Shield.
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Crossbones, Red Skull, Penguin II, 8xBodyguard, Hired Guns (800) Vs Wrecking Crew
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 160-170
- Give a brief overview. Crossbones did well here all said. A couple wounds passed here with Human Shield but the onslaughts from Thing were just too many wounds for him and his team didn't really have enough ways to activate him so Trigger Man only came into play early but he did get to Brutalize Invisible a few times.
Units: Crossbones, Red Skull, Baron Von Strucker, Madame Hydra, 3xHydra Agebnts (1,000) Vs. Fan 4
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 160-170
- Give a brief overview. Crossbones is useful, but he takes some careful play to really make the most out of. He really likes Red Skull in a pod play situation and he was pretty devastating here, but he still had nothing on the great and powerful Doom. This match really showcased the usefulness of Human Shield though and it was kind of fun feeling the angst of potentially having Human Shield work for both sides.
Units: Crossbones, Red Skull, Bane, GL (John),4xBodyguard (1,000) Vs. Dr Doom I, 5xDoombot, Puppet Master, 1xSkrull Infiltrator (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I like him, I used every single power at some point. Sometimes he feels worth less than his points and sometimes more. More than one of my games felt like it could have easilly gone either way so 160 is feeling pretty spot on. Maybe go 165 if you're really concerned that you may be discounting him.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He's fun and useful. his one drawback is his survivability. He has a bit of a glass jaw. Human Shield is almost a double edged sword as you want him to be attacked but you only want a single wound potentially coming through. If anything, his life and defense of 4 is what keeps him from being more in the 170 range. I think he is in a good place but I wouldn't mind seeing his defense bumped by 1 and finalizing him at 165-170.