View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2020, 01:30 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Abra Kadabra (public playtesting)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Abra Kadabra @150 points

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Abra Kadabra, Donatello, Hand Mystics, Hand Ninja x3 (700) vs Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Man (Mk IV) (700)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Abra Kadabra, Captain Cold, Girder, The Top (615) vs Strong Guy, Spider-Girl, Wild Child, Armor (615)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Abra's a pretty fun piece. Smoke and Mirrors is an old favorite of mine. His durability and ability to get around some annoying defensive powers make him a pretty solid value, even though the Rogue faction is still a little on the weak side. I think he'd be cool in a Suicide Squad build, but I like to go a little higher in points with them and didn't have the time for a bigger match.

As a mechanical note, I played 64th Century Techno-Magic like it modified results before counting skulls/shields/blanks for powers like Flash's or Luke Cage's (since I've no idea why that power is there, if that's not what the intent is). That's consistent with how we tested Zatanna, but not with the ruling on Judge Fear back in the day. My recommendation would be leaving the wording here as-is and just overturning the ruling on Fear, since that ruling's always been kind of a headache and I don't think the boost would break him. That's a call for the Heroes, though. (This has come up a couple times since we made that ruling on Fear but we've never quite gotten a resolution on it)