View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2019, 09:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of the Batmobile - BR-1997 - Public Playtesting

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Batmobile

Army Test
Map: Country Road (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (700): Batmobile (250), Batman II (250), Robin (Jason Todd) (70), Nite Owl (130)
Team 2 (700): TMNT

Spoiler Alert!

Both the Turtles and the Batmobile flubbed pretty hard on defense, causing them to fall pretty quick. The Batmobile was useful to get everybody into battle and for some cheap reactionary autowounds, but I didn’t get a chance to utilize the remote at all.

Army Test
Map: Country Road (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (810): Batmobile (250), Magneto (375), Quentin Quire (130), Destiny (55)
Team 2 (810): Nightwing (200), Raven (190), Starfire (210), Tempest (210)

Spoiler Alert!

The plan here was for to position Magneto and Quentin (in the Batmobile) in the middle of the map and have Magneto to toss the Titans in and out of the Automated Defenses range while Quentin used his Psychic Assault from the safety of the Batmobile.

Unfortunately, with Magneto dying so early, the plan fell apart hard. Still, the armored car was a decent hidey hole for Quentin to hunker down in. He did about as well as he could against a full Titans assault.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: It’s a solid car that drives fast and has high defense. That feels on point and viable. Automated Defense is a useful tool; if you can position the car in the right spot it can really railroad an opponent away from that spot.

I must admit to not being totally in love with the Utility Glyph mechanic. You get to choose between 3 of the worst U-Glyphs, and it feels like they’re just as likely to end up in the enemy’s hands as your own. I think it would be way cooler if you could somehow switch the Glyph in the Batmobile with the ones on a Utility Belt figure’s card. So Bats II could hop in the car mid-battle and rearrange his equipment without having to bring along a 1-use Glpyh.

Both my games had some pretty swingy luck, but overall, 250 feels good.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Feels very good and very Batmobile. I’d personally consider fiddling around with the Mobile Gadgetry power a bit, but either way I’m excited to get this design on the road!
I'm ready to flatten Aaron Carter and Shaquille O'Neal!