View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2019, 01:31 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 1] PYRIA (Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer) - Playtesting

400 Points
Map: Morning Skirmish
Glyphs: Wannok

Army 1: Deathknights x3, Pyria, Dumutef x2, Marro Warriors
Army 2: Dreadguls x4, Valguard, Guilty

Which units survived?
Valguard (4 life)
2 Dreadguls

A couple of consecutive Charge rolls by the Dreadguls had them on top of Pyria much quicker than anticipated and they managed 4 wounds on her.

She got one twin flame, but it was blocked and then bonding target was switched to the Dumutefs because of how close the dreadguls were to the Startzone. The Dumutefs and DKs fought off the charge and a Dumutef caught Guilty.

However Valguard came in and and a big 4 skull hit killed Pyria. He then bounced around killing the deathknights with Dreadgul support. THe marro Warriors were boxed in and only managed a few kills before all being wiped out.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

bonded 3 times

Once used for movement
1 twin flame (1/4 that was blocked by 2 Dreadguls)
1 4v3 normal attack that was blocked by a dreadgul

Damage: nothing

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

She got caught and hit hard by a couple of dreadguls. On top of that, there weren't very many good options for the twin flame because of how the Dreadguls split up and Guilty hung back.

The concentration on her did allow the Dumutefs to do some pretty big damage, but not nearly enough by the time Valguard started swinging.

I feel like 120 is a good price point for her after my two tests. Especially when you compare her utility to Kaemon. I could be persuaded her normal attack should be brought down in range.