View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2019, 07:16 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 1] PYRIA (Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer) - Playtesting

500 Points
Map: Ashfall by Flash19
Glyphs: Wannok Valda

Army 1: Aubriens x4, Venoc Warlord, Romans x2
Army 2: Pyria, Raelin, Warriors of Ashra x3, 10th Regiment x2

Which units survived?
Raelin (full)
5 Ashra
3 Regiment

I rushed with Relentless Pyria intent on maximum damage into a clustered startzone. She didn't make it but she still got work done. She flamed archers who came out first while in Raelin's aura. Then she pushed forward, but she picked off straggling archers before the Romans and Snake came out.

She had taken 4 wounds form Archers and then retreated when the Warlord came out picking off a Roman with a normal attack as she retreated back into Raelin's aura.

From there I switched to the squads while the Snake came in. Pyria died in that battle which Raelin eventually won in attrition for that side.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

7 OMs

Once used for movement
4 uses of Flamethrower
2 normal attacks

Flame Usage
Targeted 2 elves (2 kills)
Targeted 2 elves (1 kill)
Targeted 2 elves (2 kills)
Targeted 2 elves (1 kills)

2 normal attacks that killed 1 Roman

Damage: 6 Aubriens, 1 Roman (153)

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

She played pretty fun and furious in the SZ rush role. I felt a bit like playing chess with a knight/bishop mix, trying to figure out what position could get me two lines that got targets. Usually this required engaging one of them which would have been reckless against another unit other than Aubriens.

Overall a high offensive output unit that the opponent has to be smart about playing around. Tempered by low defense. Nice unit.