View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2019, 12:03 AM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of the Batmobile - BR-1997 - Public Playtesting

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Batmobile @250 points

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Batmobile, Batman (II), Catwoman (II), Batgirl (Babs), Robin (Dick), Lucius Fox, Atom (Ray Palmer) (1000) vs Original X-Men (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Batmobile, Batman (II), Nightwing (II), Robin (Damian), Lucius Fox, Oracle, Alfred (1000) vs Original X-Men (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Couldn't quite unlock the potential of the Batmobile in terms of a mobility upgrade, but frankly I don't own a table big enough for that. It has some cool movement/auto-wounding tricks, though, assuming you have the remote in play. Doesn't feel super exploitable, but it's a cool option for Batman that encourages looking at a slightly different set of Utility Glyphs: I think the Bat-Grapple becomes a lot less key for him when playing with the Batmobile, and the Bat Shuriken a lot more.

This was my first time playing the new vehicle rules and it went pretty smoothly. I was referencing the text a lot during the first game, but not at all during the second.

My instinct on cost is that it might be slightly over-costed for the way I was using it here on the smaller map, but that its value would tick up quite a bit if you were playing on a bigger map. I don't think that's necessarily a negative, though.