View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2019, 01:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Star Sapphire (Miri Riam) (Public)

- Theme Test - Inconclusive - I don’t know the character, but nothing seems wrong. I’m assuming it’s thematic for her to be basically powerless unless she’s lost her loved one? A single attack of 2 on a 280 point cosmic level Lantern is... beyond pathetic, to be frank.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass
- Synergies Test - Pass
- Power Check -
Pass - Outright resurrecting a hero is a big deal and really powerful, but when it means draining power out of your other heroes to a degree roughly equivalent (mostly...) to the given hero’s power-level, it’s not too devastating.
- Fun Test - Pass - She’s a lot of fun and fairly evocative to play. It will feel especially evocative those times that the best hero to resurrect is her Beloved.
- Fun Competitive Test -
Pass - She never felt unreasonable.
- Drafting Test - Pass - I’m starting to want to draft both her and the Uncommon Star Sapphires now! (I actually really like those, having tried them - those Violet Crystals can be a pain in the arse.)
- Usage Test - Pass - You really need to plan your long-term strategy about using her powers, but if you do, you’ll be able to fairly effectively.
- Strategy Test - Definite Pass - You have to plan how to use her from the drafting stages and all the way through the game... from choosing a Beloved who’s likely going to get him or herself killed, to using Miri Riam in combat herself once her loved one’s gone, to picking the right character to resurrect, to timing that resurrection correctly - late enough so that you make the most out of your Star Sapphires and are hopefully sacrificing the least but, at the same time, not so late that Miri Riam’s killed and you miss your chance.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Star Sapphire (Miri Riam)

Army Test 1
Map:
Jotun’s Gap (no glyphs)
Armies:
Star Sapphire (Miri Riam) (270), Iron Monger, Liz Sherman, Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (Skycycle), Speedy (Mia Dearden), 2x Star Sapphires (1,200 points)
vs.
Citizen V, Atlas, Meteorite, MACH-I, Songbird, Techno (1,200 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map:
Avernus (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Star Sapphire (Miri Riam) (290), Hawkgirl, Hawkman (Katar Hol), 2x Star Sapphire (1,010 1,020 points)
vs.
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Green Lantern (Kilowog), Blue Lantern (Brother Warth), Green Construct (Tactical Bomber) (1,020 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I really, really like her, and she’s starting to actually get me excited about the Star Sapphires, which... I admit, I expected would be a hard sell for me, but she’s suitably fun to play and thematically evocative. Good show!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by japes; October 20th, 2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added in testing cost.