View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Interview questions for how C3V and SoV work in sanctum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
VC's always, to me, had a tendency towards the elitist, the insular and the cliquey. Is anything being done to address this?
Are you talking about C3V or SoV?

Quote:
What were the circumstances leading up to qt.bangerang's resignation and his accusations towards capsocrates? Can we see for ourselves the degree to which they were valid? Was qt.bangerang banned to protect VC's interests?
qt's anger swelled when caps was against adding a ninja leader (Kantono Daishi) while a monk leader (Master Lao Xin) was in the works behind the C3V curtain without all the pushback. Not that caps was the only one against a ninja leader, but he championed that viewpoint. I think qt also felt that Lao Xin ripped off one of his customs (or maybe it was a different one in Brainstorming.. I don't remember all the details, in part because qt wasn't very clear about it). That sort of thing happens from time to time; for example when the Red Ants were submitted (as Xualtiaca Fire Ants) I was accused of doing the same. Sometimes in the customs world it's like claiming one person's apple pie is too much like someone else's apple pie.

The real problem wasn't actually a fight between qt and caps. Heck, various VC members fight like cats and dogs behind the scenes sometimes. (I'm still feeling the sting from the latest "its" controversy.) That's just how group projects go when the people are passionate. The real problem with qt was that he didn't try to resolve it privately, but instead brought it public with vicious accusations and personal attacks. That sort of thing gets a person banned, regardless of community standing. VC had no direct part of the banning other than some VC members also being Admins. Taking some units out of the designed secrecy of C3V development and posting them publicly in an attempt to damage C3V was taken into consideration as part of his ban, I think, though I'm not an admin so I don't know their full decision process.

Quote:
Is VC's current almost exclusive grip on the Classic Customs community, and the tendency for most of the Classic Customs forum to be devoted almost exclusively towards aiming for a SoV induction, intentional or undesired? Is there anything being done to address this?
Definitely undesired. SoV is a gold standard of sorts; that's what it's designed to be. I question your "tight grip" accusation though. My interest in the customs community has waned, but when I do get on I see plenty of people posting personal customs. Obviously it's the ones aiming for SoV approval that get chatter, which makes sense since they're aiming for a form of public acceptance. But that appears to be the minority of customs posted. If instead you are judging based on the amount of commenting going on for other people's not-for-SoV customs, well, that's always been weak. It was years before I got much attention in my own thread, and that was in the customs heyday and I was commenting on others' work regularly. That's just how the community is and always has been.