View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2019, 08:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Soundwave - Initial PT

Here are two more team tests, both losses and not really all that close either time.

***New Tests Added***
--Some card updates were made, dropping range down to 5 from 6, giving a 2nd Eject option via an XOM reveal and making Eject only require you to give up his attack, added a no LEA caluse to disruption, testing at 330 & 340 now to see how he feels. --
Army Test 4
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes, he’s feeling good with what he can do. I may cut the line from Disruption about ‘before any other Oms are revealed’ as I think it could cause some confusion but otherwise I think he is okay as is (have not tested the double eject option yet). Just need to zero in on a cost.
- What should be the unit's point value? IDK, either Cyclopes II needs to be reevaluated already or Soundwave is overpriced as his armies have now lost to a Cyclopes II led team by a big margin twice in row now. The Mutants did benefit from some solid defense rolls, lucked out by taking down Ms. Marvel in R1, and Archangel hit at higher than 20% with his auto-wounds, but even so N’Astirh’s army won initiative every round but the first and last rounds, and had HG on the ranged mutant attackers the whole game, Ms. Marvel did score W’s on both Domino & Cable before going down, and Cable’s bis SA fizzled out, yet they couldn’t even make it close.
- Give a brief overview. Trying the Ms. Marvel/N’Astirh combo again here but dropped the 10 point spell and increased Soundwave’s points by 10. Then I switched up the army they will face, re-using the Cyclopes II army form before while dropping Polaris to get down to 1000 points.
Map: Island Plane Crash
Units: Soundwave@330, N’Astirh, Ms. Marvel (1000) vs. Cyclopes II, Archangel, Domino, Cable (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Ms. Marvel fell at the end of R1, with her gone N’Astirh was limited to 1 att. per OM while Cyclopes was getting 3 + a couple of d20 rolls for auto-wounds. Soundwave and N’astirh pulled off a bit of trickery at the start of R2 to disrupt Cyclopes leadership for that round, but couldn’t land a devastating blow to even things out. Is was a complete blow out after that.

Army Test 5
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes, I think he just needs to come down in price. Although I’m starting to wonder if he shouldn’t just have full bonding with his tapes. The Decipticons currently don’t have multiple att. per OM reveal, which puts them behind vs. most competitive armies. Tron’ ability to take out an OM can help even things out but it’s inconsistent. As it stands it’s hard to pass up a turn that features a big attack for a smaller attack from a tape. Maybe letting him full bond with one of his tapes would create an attractive alternative to Trons big att. of 7/10? I only worry that it makes Soundwave undraftable without at least one tape, which could get expensive, but then again since Soundwave isn’t playing well at the 330 point range maybe he could drop in points and afford a tape. If that were the case I would drop the double eject idea so that he could be played with just 1 tape as an ally.
- What should be the unit's point value? So much for my hopes of a 1000 point Decipticon team getting released in July, Soundwave is useful to the team and has solid stats, but he just isn’t worth 340 points. Not sure how much to shave off, maybe try him at 300 flat?
- Give a brief overview. Dropped Lobo from the Decipticon team and added in Ravage to test out the double eject option and see how the no-LEA clause added to Disruption helps out Ravage & Laserbeak. Pushed Soundwave up to 340 for this one, even though he just lost a big game at 330. I just want to see how a 1000 point al Decipticon team feels here. Megatron will get all the OM’s and be able to direct the tapes when windows of opportunity open up for them. Since it’s just the 4 of them, Soundwave will use the Double Eject early, at the end of R1 or to start R2, and get more options for attacking into play. Sue will of course be a big target for the tapes, if she gets away Soundwave will disrupt things so the tapes can continue to pursue Sue.
Map: Island Plane Crash
Units: Soundwave@340, Laserbeak, Megatron, Ravage@110 (1000) vs. Fan 4 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Decipticons get off to a terrible start when the double tape turn results in nothing at all, but then they have some really good luck that allows them to keep this one competitive. They have to focus early in the game on just getting the two double based figures up to HG in the middle of the map so they could maximize their big base stats and Tron’s SA, as a result the tapes didn’t really get that many OM’s. This one could have been a blow out but both times Ben was all set up for a double att. of 10, the Decipticons managed to avoid that blow. In the end though the Fan4 still has a solid win here.