View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Phoenix Force: Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile
(This is the test I played correctly, with all OMs on Phoenix Force when she creates an Avatar.)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Phoenix Force

Army Test
Map: Mole Hills
Units: Batman 1, Batman Terry, Robin Tim, Superman 2, Wonder Woman 2, Plastic Man (1435) VS Phoenix Force, Psylocke (1450)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Felt balanced overall. There were some big swings this game. Superman absolutely wailed on Phoenix Force before dying which was key. Psylocke wrecked the rest of the heroes, taking out Robin, Plastic Man, Wonder Woman, and Batman Beyond fairly easily. Batman got fairly lucky in the end but his team deserved some good luck after Wonder Woman’s awful results.

Phoenix Force is a pretty interesting unit to play. You have to keep the Force safe because that boost to the Avatar is pretty insanely powerful. But with a close loss here, and 1-1 in my misplayed games, I’m pretty comfortable saying Phoenix Force is pretty balanced. Phoenix Force is a lot better against mid-level heroes. Figures like Superman or Thor who can inflict several wounds at a time get hurt less from Phoenix Fire. And healers like Wolverine can just tank the wounds without much problem.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Tons of fun. Phoenix Force is a true event hero. Phoenix Fire and Cosmic Inferno makes her (and her Avatars) very formidable to take down. Apologies for misplaying the first two games earlier.

One question: Do you have to choose a figure without the Phoenix Fire, Flying, or Super Strength special powers in order to replaces the Move, Range, Attack, and Defense values on its card with the values on this card. It currently reads like you have to not have any of those powers to get Phoenix Force's stats, but I feel like intuitively anyone you choose just gains the special powers they don't have and also uses Phoenix Force's stats. This didn’t come up in my armies but I considered using Cable for his double attack.
Thank you for your tests. The intent with the Avatar power is that is gains the abilities it does not have (to prevent Phoenix Fire from stacking with Phoenix). We will look at the wording and potentially include an FAQ.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."