View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2019, 01:31 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Phoenix Force: VOTE for Playtesting

Arch said he was gonna retest now that he understands how the Avatar power works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile
(These are the tests I played incorrectly. I missed the fact that all OMs had to go on Phoenix Force in order to create an Avatar, thus the Avatar was bonding with the other Stepford Cuckoos. Probably didn't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, as the benefit of having a fairly weak additional attack meant bringing the easily-killed Stepfords up into the line of fire.)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Phoenix Force

Army Test
Map: Mole Hills
Units: Captain America C3G, Hawkeye 1, Black Widow, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Thor, Spider-Man Hasbro (1530) VS Phoenix Force, Stepford Cuckoo x4 (1520)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Mole Hills
Units: Wolverine, Parasite, Poison Ivy 2, Green Arrow 1, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Aquaman 1 VS Phoenix Force, Stepford Cuckoo x4 (1520)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Bonding with non-Avatar Stepfords might not have been the best strategy, because it meant they were easy targets to avoid Phoenix Fire. That said, they protected Phoenix Force herself from harm. Trying to kill Phoenix Force directly is probably a smart strategy so you can stop her effectively getting extra life with the Avatars.

In my second game, I kept the non-Avatar Stepfords back while moving them up one by one (to maximize their special attack. This backfired horribly, since the Avatar was alone and fairly easily slain, wasting my OMs for the round. Had my OMs been on Phoenix Force, I would have been able to counterattack and not lose the rest of my telepaths.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Tons of fun. Phoenix Force is a true event hero. Phoenix Fire and Cosmic Inferno makes her (and her Avatars) very formidable to take down.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."