View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2019, 06:16 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I'd like to nominate my updated Soontir Van to the SoV. I have taken the judges' feedback into account and after playtesting I am happy with this new version.

The miniature used is Sith Operative from Star Wars Miniatures (Knights of the Old Republic set). There are over 50 available between Troll & Toad, Game Hollow, and Miniature Market. It sells for less than $2.

He is now 50 points with 3 attack and has defensive stats of 3/3 instead of 4/2. He is never worth an order marker, but his lack of threat plus his Exosuit can keep him alive until the endgame where he can avenge his fallen allies if needed. Guerrilla Tactics keeps him involved in the game as a movement booster or just as an annoying blocker. The lower point cost helps Mariedian armies, as Soontir can more easily fit into various point totals.

I found the best army cores involved 3 squads of M-43, Soontir Van, and a strong hero like Cyprien or Quahon. Including other Mariedians is very fun (more enhanced movement opportunities) but is not quite as strong, IMO.

Thank you for your consideration,
Arch-vile