View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2019, 08:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Megatron - Public PT

Two more AI tests from Arch here, two loses. Feeling pretty good about where he's at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile
I ended up running the same Arthrian army both times since it worked fairly well the first time. Both tests were reasonably close.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Megatron

Army Test
Map: Embattled Fen
Units: Megatron (410), Arthrian Invaders x3 (540), Professor Zoom (250) (1200) vs Captain America I, Green Arrow I, Doctor Strange, Wolverine, Black Panther (1180)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Embattled Fen
Units: Megatron (410), Arthrian Invaders x3 (540), Professor Zoom (250) (1200) vs Aquaman I, Mera, Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Iron Man Hasbro, Spider-Man Hasbro (1190)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Megatron + Arthrians is not as strong as it seems in the early game because the whole army falls apart once Megatron dies. My idea with Zoom was to have him as a fast defensive hero to use the Hand Cannon with, which worked decently well despite two losses. Cower Before Megatron is a terrifying power because it can shut you down. I learned to spread order markers and keep the X handy so Megatron had a chance at removing that one. Winning initiative is pretty crucial for Cower Before Megatron.

I wouldn’t raise Megatron’s points based on my tests, but I wouldn’t lower them either. Megatron is a very powerful figure especially when he starts removing order markers. I wonder if more or fewer Arthrians might make a stronger army, and maybe even omitting Zoom or other heroes (despite losing Hand Cannon, that would give you more Arthrians to attack with).

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Very thematic. I love the theme of Cower Before Megatron (I was having fun saying that in a Megatron voice when using the power), and Hand Cannon is a hilarious way to represent Megatron’s transformation. The stats felt suitably high. Megatron is a very popular figure and I think you nailed it.