View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2019, 11:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Megatron - Public PT

Quick turn around by LV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc
Here it is. Ran the same team with Megatron twice, as it proved to be quite effective. Two quite big wins here really. Let me know if you have questions.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Megatron
Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Megatron, Arthrian Invaders x3, Skrull Infiltrators x5 vs Mister Fantastic, Thing, Human Torch, Invisible Woman
Unit Summary
Damage: 6 wounds dealt total.
Abilities: OM’s Removed: 2/6 Attempts
Hand Cannon Wounds: 6 additional wounds.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Megatron, 3x Arthrian Invaders, 5x Skrull Infiltrators vs Optimus Prime, Captain America, Ms. Marvel
Unit Summary
Damage: 9 wounds dealt
Abilities: OM’s Removed: 1/2 Attempts
Hand Cannon Wounds: 8 additional wounds.

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Megatron is a solid powerhouse. I’m not sure if the success of these games is on his strength or the power of the combo with the Invaders. They were a really excellent screen against these foes, and managed to hold up well against multi-attacks. Megatron’s bulk makes it easy to just keep recycling in Invaders while he works to take out foes between his power and occasionally arming Skrulls that pop in.
GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He has an interesting play style that I enjoyed a lot. I’m really not sure where I might say to reign him in, if that’s your feeling from these games. The OM removal didn’t play a tremendous part in all honesty. For these games, I really felt like it was on the sheer swarming potential of the Invaders. Foes just couldn’t clear them fast enough to even try and get to Megatron, who stayed so close that there was no real way to get to him without clearing the swarm.
Beating the Fan4 was pretty impressive, since they have the multi-turn potential to cut through the Invaders. Second game I'm not as concerned about, all 3 of those heroes want OM's for different powers on their cards so it wasn't as efficient at the Fan4 can be. Lots of damage from Megatron in that one though, which is actually kind of nice to see. He should be deadly.