View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2019, 09:35 AM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Book of Bolivar Trask (Playtesting Phase)

Oh, shoot, I have those. He sent em to both me and japes and I just clean forgot about em:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74
I thought I'd send this to both Ronin and Japes.

Eric

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Bolivar Trask and MRD Troopers
Army Test
Map:Ivy’s Playground
Units: Bolivar Trask, MRD Troops x5, Sentinels x3 vs Cyclops 190, Wolverine, Wild Child, Firestar
Game 1:

Bolivar Trask
Normal Attack Damage:
None

MRD Troopers
Normal Attack Damage:
R1T3 1 wound Wild Child

Recap: Back and forth game, mistake made in my strategy using the troopers. Sentinels did almost all the damage.

Round 1: Cyclops kills a Trooper. Cyclops kills another Trooper. Trooper puts a wound on Wild Child from range.

Round 2: Cyclops again uses his range to pick off another Trooper. Sentinel3 gives Wild Child 2 wounds, 2 other Sentinels move. Cyclops kills another Trooper. Wild Child kills the last Trooper. Wild Child attacks Sentinel3 for 2 wounds.

Round 3: Sentinel1 gives Cyclops a wound. Sentinel3 attacks Wild Child doing 4 wounds and killing him. Sentinel2 attacks Wolverine for a wound. Sentinel3 kills Cyclops. Wolverine gives Sentinel2 a wound. Sentinel2 attacks Wolverine for a wound. Sentinel3 gives Wolverine another wound.

Round 4: Sentinel3 attacks Wolverine for 2 wounds. Wolverine attacks Sentinel2 for 2 wounds. Sentinel2 attacks Wolverine for a wound. Sentinel3 puts another wound on Wolverine. Wolverine kills Sentinel2. Sentinel3 kills Wolverine. Firestar give Sentinel1 a wound.

Round 5: Firestar takes 2 wounds from Sentinel1 and 1 wound from Sentinel3. Firestar gives Sentinel1 a wound. Sentinel3 kills Firestar.

Who won?Bolivar Trasks Team
List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes):
Bolivar Trask 4 of 4 life left
Sentinel1 2 of 4 life left
Sentinel3 2 of 4 life left

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Army Test
Map: Chernobyl Chaos
Units:Bolivar Trask, Sentinels x4, MRD Troopers x8 vs Cyclops 240, Gorgon, Angel 90, Iceman, Storm

Game 2:
Bolivar Trask
Normal Attack Damage:
None

MRD Troopers
Normal Damage
R2T2 1 wound Gorgon and marker
R2T2 1 wound Cyclops
R2T3 1 wound Storm
R2T3 1 wound Cyclops and marker
R3T1 1 wound Cyclops and marker
R3T2 1 wound Gorgon
R3T3 2 wounds Iceman and marker
R4T1 1 wound Iceman
R4T1 1 wound Angel and marker
R4T2 1 wound Storm
R4T2 1 wound Angel
R4T3 2 wounds Storm
R4T3 1 wound Angel
R5T1 1 wound Gorgon
R5T1 1 wound Angel
R5T2 2 wounds Gorgon - Dead

Recap: Really fun and close game. Cyclops was a killing machine.

Round 1:Cyclops 1 wound on Sentinel2. Cyclops S.A. Killing Sentinel2 and a trooper, and gives Sentinel3 2 wounds. Gorgon attacks Sentinel1 giving it 2 wounds. Cyclops kills Sentinel3.

Round 2: Sentinel4 gives Cyclops a wound. Four troopers attack giving Cyclops another wound and Gorgon a wound and a Neutralizer Marker. Cyclops kills Sentinel1. Iceman kills a Trooper. Four Troopers attack giving Storm a wound and Cyclops a wound and a marker.

Round 3:Troopers have 4 attacks again but only do 1 wound to Cyclops but they do give him an important Neutralizer Marker. Cyclops kills a Trooper but can't use any powers. Troopers with 4 attacks give Gorgon a wound and a marker. Sentinel4 gives Gorgon a wound who can't use his Precognition power. Troopers again attack with 4 figures giving Iceman 2 wounds and a marker. Storm uses here Lightning Strike S.A. Killing a trooper and giving her teammate, Gorgon, a wound.

Round 4:Gorgon goes for 2 wounds on Sentinel4. 4 Troopers attack giving Iceman a wound and Angel a wound and a marker. Iceman kills a Trooper. 3 Troopers attack giving Storm and Angel a wound. 3 Troopers attack killing Storm.

Round 5:3 Troopers attack giving each Angel and Gorgon wounds. Cyclops kills a Trooper. 2 Troopers attack killing Gorgon. Iceman gives Sentinel4 a wound. Sentinel4 kills Iceman. Cyclops kills Sentinel4.

Round 6:Cyclops kills a Trooper. Cyclops kills the last Trooper.

Round 7 and 8: Angel and Cyclops chase down Trask killing him over 2 attacks with 2 wounds each by Cyclops.

Who won? Mutants.
List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes):
Cyclops 1 of 5 life left
Angel 1 of 4 life left

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, DRAFTABILITY AND GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:*At 120 points Bolivar Trask is really on point. I found in playing him, he is mostly going to get a couple of numbered order markers in the first round and always going to have your x-marker on him to take advantage of his SENTINEL INITIATIVE special power. His GUARDIAN OF HUMANITY power really helps in getting his team set up. He is never going to be a direct offensive weapon and I never felt the need to move him out of the start zone(until the end of game 2 when he was the last figure on his team). I wouldn’t change a thing about him. The MRD Troopers were a nice surprise. At 30 points a piece they are pretty cheap and at first I wondered why they weren’t a squad but they are actually better as common heroes. The MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE special power really makes these guys. The ability to gain up to 4 attacks against mutants is pretty sweet, having a base attack of 3 keeps them from being overpowered. ANTI-MUTANT TECHNOLOGY 16 is certainly a key power, especially if you can hit a leader like Cyclops or Professor X. In game two there were a couple of times where this came into play. In the two games I played, I was successful 5 out of 17 rolls (29.4%) which is a little lower than expected. I wonder if dropping it to 14 and then getting Trasks +2 to rolls would make it too strong or not. It does force you to place the 1 and 2 order markers on them to take advantage of the negation early in the rounds. In game one, I made a mistake by sending them out on there own too fast and they got picked off rather quickly by Cyclops. I think the move is to get the Sentinels going 1st and get the troops in behind. I did that in game two and they were much more effective. I really like both of these units quite a bit. If I had to pick out any negative, it would be that you are only going to use them in games vs mutants and most likely only going to pair them together with Sentinels. An 800, 1200 or 2000 point game is pretty much going to be those 3 units together. If we ever come out with an X-men Scenario, this would be a great team to use. If they get passed I hope we see them sooner than later.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Wave 28 - Marvel Cosmic)