View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2018, 01:28 AM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Zatanna (II) (Public Testing)

Nobody's playtest:
Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Zatanna

Army Test
Map: Mountain Spring (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (800): Zatanna (230), Cable (275), Blob (165), Yukio (120), Condemn (10)
Team 2 (800): Wrecking Crew

Spoiler Alert!

This was a pretty fair game with each team getting their bursts of luck. Zatanna was useful in getting Blob to the top of the hill quickly, but she didn’t do much damage herself. She probably would’ve lasted longer, but I overextended her a bit.

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Zatanna (230), Valkyrie (350), Flash (Barry) (250), Kid Flash (110), Aqualad (60)
Team 2 (1,000): Mr. Fantastic (235), Invisible Woman (215), Silver Surfer (400), Iceman (150)

Spoiler Alert!

Mistress of Magic didn't save the day as often as I felt like it should have with the Flashes. Sorry, I meant to keep exact numbers, but she was protecting them from afar most of the game and still only saved them a few times. Bad luck I guess, but I still feel like Zatanna did her part here. So did Kid Flash, picking up a lot of the slack that Flash and Valkyrie dropped. Reed whiffed his defense and died earlier than expected, causing T2 to lose a whole round.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Zatanna certainly isn't the type of unit you toss into your army at the last moment. She's the kind of unit you build a whole army around. But if you do that, I think she'll be worth her points, and there's a lot of different strategies you can pull off with her depending on who she's with. I like how you can pull off a bit of unconventional OM flex with the Teleport by putting an OM on a figure then later choosing if you want to take a turn with them or Zatanna. Her team lost both games, but game 1 was down to the wire and luck, and game 2 was a pretty close loss too.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: This gal is someone who's going to work well in a lot of different ways. The first game I played her with a sort of "run forward then teleport-switch and repeat" strategy to help her walking opponents climb the mountain. Next game she stood far away from the actual combat trying to help the Flashes with their Speed Dodges, then went on the full offensive herself once the enemy was weakened up. I can already imagine a few other cool builds (One with Alfred for example,using Zatanna to warp people back to him for healing) and the idea of all those different builds excites me.