View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2018, 06:50 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Ocean Master (Playtesting Phase)

C3G Playtest Form

- THEME TEST/ Solid here.
- MIRROR TEST/ Nothing I saw here.
- BONDING TEST/ No problems.
- SYNERGIES TEST/ No problems.
- POWER CHECK/ No problems.
- FUN TEST/ Very fun. Sets up a ton of opportunities to really go crazy with water units.
- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Thought he might seem excruciating to play against with a low-flying team. Turns out that fight went the opposite.
- DRAFTING TEST/ I’d definitely draft him. The utility provides makes him probably worth it even if you aren’t playing him as a king.
- USAGE TEST/ Being able to cast spells is a nice add-on, but doesn’t come up much. Didn’t use the spell first game, but did in the second.
- STRATEGY TEST/ Fun strategic unit. Gotta time the tides if you’re gonna rock the waves.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Ocean Master
Army Test
Map: Turret Rocks
Units: Ocean Master, Atlantean Palace Guards, Aqualad, King Shark, Mesmerize Spell (750) VS Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, Superboy, Condemn Spell
Unit Summary
Damage: 11 wounds
Abilities: Rising Tides – 2 times Mystic Ocean Trident – 12 Attempts 6 Successes
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Turret Rocks
Units: Ocean Master, Atlantean Palace Guards, Aqualad, Sub-Mariner, King Shark, Mesmerize Spell (1,000) VS Professor X, Iceman, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Speed, Bailey Hoskins (1,000)
Unit Summary
Damage: 8 wounds dealt
Abilities: Rising Tides – 2 times Mystic Ocean Trident – 11 Attempts 6 Successes
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I briefly hesitated on the second fight, with their being several units that would be bogged down by the flood. Turns out the multiple turns made up for it. He’s fun. His stats in the water can get real high with the guards, and they’re just sturdy enough to not go down if focused on. I can imagine he will fair pretty darn well in a more typical Aqua-build as well. In game one, I avoided the dolphin to see (A) how the Titans would fair running to height to avoid the tides and (B) because it was a low enough point game that Beast Boy would have made me have to really tweak the team around. Also, I wasn't sure if the no OM requirement for a change on Beast Boy had been approved yet.
GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Probably a favorite I’ve tested in a while. I’ve always loved the water units, but always felt like they struggled on a lot of maps. Orm here really is a fun way to level the playing field, and he can do that in a variety of ways. I really enjoy that he’s sturdy enough that the Guards don’t feel like a necessary draft, but adding them definitely ups his mileage.

Last edited by LordVenoc; December 3rd, 2018 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to put wounds in battle 2