View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2018, 07:53 AM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Zatanna (II) (Public Testing)

Lord V's tests:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc
- THEME TEST/ Solid here.
- MIRROR TEST/ Nothing I saw here.
- BONDING TEST/ No problems.
- SYNERGIES TEST/ No problems.
- POWER CHECK/ Mistress of Magic doesn’t seem to require clear sight. Requiring it could help tone her down with Flash builds, but its not a huge concern.
- FUN TEST/ I was a little disappointed I couldn’t use trapdoor to set up Surprise Creature Command turns, but she still is fun.
- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Her paired with Flash can get real annoying, real fast if the D20 is hot, especially with how far away she can sit for Mistress of Magic.
- DRAFTING TEST/ Honestly at this point cost I don’t know many situations I’d draft the Old Zatanna instead of this one.
- USAGE TEST/ Everything was used here. Sleight of hand is nice for when she goes on the offensive, but it was a bit minimal by comparison.
- STRATEGY TEST/ Trapdoor feels more of a backup move than a strategy move. But my opinion on that might change over time.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Zatanna II
Army Test
Map: Turret Rocks
Units: Zatanna II, Flash (Barry Allen), Professor Zoom, Kid Flash VS Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, Superboy
Unit Summary
Damage: 3 wounds
Abilities: Mistress of Magic – 5 times Trapdoor Teleport – 1 Time, Sleight of Hand – 2 Times
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Turret Rocks
Units: Zatanna II, Zauriel, Frankenstein, Blanka, Solomon Grundy (1,300) VS Professor X, Iceman, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Scarlet Witch, Mystic Flames Spell (1,300)
Unit Summary
Damage:
Abilities: Mistress of Magic –2 times Trapdoor Teleport – 0 Times, Sleight of Hand – 0 Times
Mistress of Magic Failed: 2 times
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The X Men fight was just a horrible blood bath. Wow. Zatanna barely got to even impact the fight itself. She’s definitely fun, but I don’t know that she quite has enough oomph. I wonder if making like 16 or higher add 2 blanks would throw things off much? She doesn’t feel like she adds nearly enough to offensive blank folks, and it wouldn’t change anything on Flash type teams. Also, I wonder if leaving out the no additional turns clause would mess things up on Trapdoor?
GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: She’s fun. She’s not got much outside Magical Defense to keep her safe, so she can be challenging to balance between offense and defense, but I like that. I don’t know that playing her more offensively would have changed anything in the second game though. The quick death of Zauriel was a real bad sign.