View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2018, 03:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Coming Soon: SuperHeroScape™ by NecroBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I like the ruined building rules. Very cool.
Any chance you have additional custom buildings?
Must have secret formula.
Thanks. No plans for custom buildings, though sooner or later I'd like to create DO rules for other Heroscape obstacles.

The most I'll say about the secret formula* is it's very basic. Each stat gets assigned a value, each power a somewhat arbitrary number as well. Additional math is involved to figure out the total +/- versus whatever you're comparing it to. I'd say 60% of the time it works every time**, and by that I mean it's probably within 10 points. No matter how close I think that is, more math, adjustments, and of course testing always comes later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm excited to see what you come up with. I really really liked the simplicity of @Grishnakh 's superhero customs. I sense you're going in yet another direction; can't wait to see it!
Thanks. I'm not familiar with Grishnak's heroes, but I will say I tried to keep things simple whenever possible. That's not to say there aren't heroes with 4 powers (there are) or wordy powers (there are), but nothing should get too complicated.

===============

I was going to start alphabetically, but since Abomination and Incredible Hulk are so similar, here they both are at once!

Not much of a deviation from the official version here. Stats and powers are the same, except now instead of -3 Attack after leaping, Abomination must use Stomp. Thematically, he slams into the ground very hard after a Super Leap. This is arguably a nerf or a buff. On the one hand, he's only losing 1/2 dice from the official -3 Attack version to gain the ability to affect multiple figures. On the other, he can't leap halfway across the board to drop 5 Attack on someone from height. Meanwhile, he's 40 points cheaper because Stomp isn't super easy to set up or that strong, and even with 6 Defense and 8 Life heroes tend to get worn down by squads. (As I said, this project should mix fine with classic 'scape, plus, eventually, I'll have SuperHeroScape Squads as well...) I may or may not move the must-attack-with-Stomp language to Super Leap later, when I get to other characters that may or may not have Super Leap but not Stomp.

All the changes to Abomination apply to Hulk as well. Hulk does gain 1 Move and 1 Defense over the official stats. While that plus Rage Smash does put him 100 points ahead of Abomination, I understand that it looks like it would be more than a 10-point adjustment compared to official Hulk. That's tempered by the Stomp change being a much bigger nerf to Hulk than it is to Abomination. Before, fully raging Hulk could leap and still throw 9 dice from height... now it's just 3.

===============

Fun fact: the official designers mentioned testing superheroes against Romans, so that's what I did, too. Legions and legions of Romans...

Fun fact: the point total of my first 50 heroes comes to exactly 11,000.

===============

*, **
Spoiler Alert!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13