View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Arsenal - Public Playtesting Phase

Thanks! We'll work on the formatting (see plenty of examples in the first posts of Books of threads) but this is a great and very helpful for a first playtest!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Arsenal

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Nightwing, Arsenal, Raven, Starfire, Cyborg vs Professor X, Jean Grey, Cyclops (I), Angel, Beast, Ice Man
Round 1 Turn 1- After Nightwing Titans Go! power, Arsenal tries to shoot Cyclops, rolls no skulls, only shields
Round 1 Turn 2- Arsenal shoots with Cover Fire after Cyborg, rolls 1 skull, Cyke rolls 1 shield
Round 1 Turn 3- Nightwing dies in one hit to Cyclops Optic Blast after failing to roll any shields
Round 1 Turn 3- Arsenal shoots with Cover Fire after Starfire, reduces Cyke def by 1, no skulls. Cover Fire does however allow Starfire to disengage Beast, opening her up to hit Cyclops instead
Round 2 Turn 1- Arsenal survives 2 skull attack from Beast.
Arsenal uses cover fire for 2 skulls, Beast rolls 2 shields. Uses Cover Fire to disengage Beast and leaves Raven engaged
Round 2 Turn 2- Shoots Beast with Cover Fire, deals 1 wound leaving him on 1 life. Raven moves adjacent to Arsenal. Raven finishes Beast off.
Round 2 Turn 3- Jean moves Arsenal via telekinesis, breaking adjacency to Raven. Arsenal survives attack by Jean.
Arsenal uses Cover Fire on Jean, rolls 3 Shields. Arsenal moves back to get out of active combat. Starfire barrages Jean with four attacks killing her.
Round 3 Turn 1- Arsenal deals 1 wound to Angel with Cover Fire, moves up 1. Professor X Psychic cancels Starfire's 4 attacks.
Round 3 Turn 2- Iceman attempts to attack Arsenal, rolls 5 shields.
Arsenal Cover Fires Iceman, rolls no skulls, moves Raven next to him. Angel moves Iceman with Guardian Angel after Starfire attack leaves him on 1 life.
Round 3 Turn 3- Arsenal finally dies to Iceman, Raven never gets to Team Empath him
Round 4 Turn 1- Raven takes wounds off Starfire, uses Soul Self to move 1 wound to Iceman, killing him.
Round 4 Turn 2- Professor X cancels Starfire attacks
Round 4 Turn 3- Starfire reduces X to 1 life
Round 5 Turn 1- X cancels Starfire attacks
Round 5 Turn 2- Starfire leaves Angel on 1 life
Round 6 Turn 1- X cancels Starfire attacks.
Round 6 Turn 2- Starfire kills Angel
Round 6 Turn 3- Raven Soul Selfs Xs last life
Titans win with Starfire, Raven and Cyborg still standing. Starfire and Raven were at full HP and Raven took... some wounds but I'm afraid I can't remember how many. Arsenal's points seem fair, the low level, free attack seems to be the major benefit at first but as I played I found the free 2-movement of Covering Fire is actually the more useful aspect of his ability, allowing for tight formation changes in close quarters. It nearly helped him survive longer with Raven's Team Empath, unfortunately this was confounded by Jean's Telekinesis shifting him far from her, but definitely a useful ability in its own right.

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Same Titans vs Fantastic Four
Round 2 Turn 1
Arsenal wounds Johnny with Covering Fire
Round 2 Turn 2
Arsenal fails attack on Johnny
The Thing one-shots Nightwing
Mister Fantastic fails attack on Roy
Round 2 Turn 3
Invisible Woman fails to hit Roy
Mister Fantastic fails to hit Roy
Round 3 Turn 1
Human Torch rolls 5 skulls and instas Roy
Round 4 Turn 1
Invisible Woman kills Starfire at 1 life
Round 4 Turn 2
Thing kills Cyborg
Round 5 Turn 2
Mister Fantastic kills Raven
FF win with only Johnny having taken one wound. I played the FF and my friend (not the same as playtest #1) played the Titans. In this one, Roy performed somewhat worse but this partly feels like my friend didn't utilize Cover Fire's movement to its full extent, and some unfortunate dice rolls- he had planned to Cover Fire and help Cyborg flank round the FF to Invisible Woman, which would probably have worked had it not been for the fact I managed to insta-gib Roy. Team Empath really spectacularly fails to do its job when you one-shot two guys in a row. However he still withstood a fair amount of attacks in this game as well as the first, and with skilled playing that Cover Fire ability really helps the Titans re-position at crucial moments. His 170 points rating seems fair to me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.