View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2018, 07:20 PM

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Leatherface (Public Playtesting)

- Theme Test - Inconclusive - I don't know the character, but he feels fun. One thing I am wondering, though - would it be a good idea to bump his Life to 5 and drop his Defence to 3? Gives less of a sense of ‘generally decent fighter' and more ‘doesn't care about defending himself but can keep trucking through taking hits' - don't know the character, but I'd guess he's more the latter than the former, thematically, though I'm open to being corrected. Also, it's a bit more interesting and distinct - 4/4 is, justifiably, almost a little overused at this stage, whereas 5/3 isn't used that much (can't think of anyone off hand) and therefore, IMO, more interesting and distinctive. I'd like to see a little more statistic variation in the game, honestly.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass
- Nothing yet, but Pinhead'll give him some synergy.
- Synergies Test - Pass - Pretty much the above, Chucky ain't breaking everything.
- Power Check - Pass - With his main offensive power being an SA, there's very little you can do to exploit him.
- Fun Test - Pass - Just savagely taking a chainsaw to an enemy hero’s face is loads of fun - that SA is pretty bloody devastating.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - It's hard to get frustrated by someone this squashable.
- Drafting Test - Pass - Absolutely, whether with Hawkeye or Robot for mobility and positioning, Pinhead for resurrection and activation synergy or in basically any army as a bit of deadly filler.
- Usage Test - Pass - I was pleasantly surprised to see his Demoralising Presence come into play a couple of times. Honestly, it's not his powers that aren't getting used, it's his normal attack - though I can see employing that against something you're pretty much certain to kill either way to avoid the potential self-wounding of Chainsaw Massacre.
- Strategy Test - Pass - He’s not going to last long - making sure you make the most of the attacks you get with him is reasonably strategic, as can be trying to keep him alive for a while to make the most of him.

Name Of The Playtest Units: Leatherface

Army Test 1
Map: Avernus by Typhon 2222 (no glyphs)
Armies:
Hawkeye (Skycycle), Leatherface (125), Michael Myres (420 points)

vs.
Songbird, Parasite (420 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Invasion (no glyphs)
Armies;
Robot, Leatherface (105), Mister Zsasz, Vertigo, Angel (Warren Worthington III), Chucky, 2x Skrull Infiltrators (700 points)
vs.
Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo (700 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Map: Aurora by superfrog (no glyphs)
Armies:
Hawkeye (Skycycle), Leatherface (105), Black Cat (400 points)

vs.
Omega Red, Armor (400 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts On The Tested Unit:

Once again, I’ve already said everything - I love this guy! Tell you something, he'll last about 2.5 seconds against one, but he'll scare the crap out of Kryptonians while he's there!

My Classic Customs
- Fiends of Folklore
=====================