View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2018, 07:27 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Mirage (public playtesting)

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Mirage

Army Test
Map: Migol’s Tomb
Units: Mirage (175), Martian Manhunter I, Sage, and White Martian x1 (815) vs. Laufey, Frost Giant x2, and Beast Boy (Bear) (820).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Migol’s Tomb
Units: Mirage (175), Captain Britain, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, and Quentin Quite (940) vs. Dracula, Brides of Dracula, Gentleman Ghost, and Judge Mortis (930).
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Mirage did good damage in game 1, but not quite enough to count for much. She did bypass a few Frost Giant turns with Greatest Fear, so that counts to. Despite the rough loss in game one, Mirage did much better in game two, even hitting a Psychic Arrows. Greatest Fear didn’t do much in that game, but her combat effectiveness and placement in the army worked out well. I would say 175 still feels a bit high, perhaps 165 would be best.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Mirage plays well, it’s just a tough situation of Order Marker usage. Her 1 OM can be used to place Greatest Fear, but then by the time she reveals her 2 to try and nick an OM off the opponent, the round’s nearly done. She works a bit better the other way around, where Greatest Fear is placed later in the round. Still, she flies and has long range, and that stands for something on its own. There are lots of fun ways to build around her. Game 2’s army was very effective between Quentin getting activations when she wanted to place Greatest Fear, Captain Britain being able to attack and trigger a turn for potential Psychic Arrows, and Emma Frost providing a use for Mirage’s flying mobility.
She's a really interesting character! Not exactly how I was expecting her to play, but that's not a bad thing. I purposefully strayed from Professor X here to see what would happen, and both games were fulfilling in different ways.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!