View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2018, 05:29 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Torquemada (Public Playtests)

Here we are! I decided to test once with Stryker and an all-out Civilians army, which, if you haven't tried it, is a whole ton of fun. Torq's army definitely had the advantage against Mutants here, and they did well. For the other game, I tried using a version of the Solomon Kane power army you suggested, but pitted them against nearly all humans. They lost, but still kept it close.

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Torquemada

Army Test
Map: Kaltengeist.
Units: Torquemada (205), Anarky, Reverend Stryker, Green Lantern (John Stewart), J. Jonah Jameson, and Civilians x4 (990) vs. Professor X, Deadpool, Silver Samurai, and Psylocke (995).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Kaltengeist.
Units: Torquemada (205), Solomon Kane, Meggan, Oracle, 5th Precinct Beat Cops x3 (875) vs. Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Pied Piper, Trickster I and II, Captain Boomerang I and II, Weather Wizard, and Mirror Master (870).
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Both games were reasonably close. Although Torquemada’s team got countered by humans in the second game, they still put up a good fight and kept it close, losing to roughly 100 or so points of life remaining on the enemy’s side. When Torquemada had the upper hand against Mutants, his team did really well, so I feel like 205 is working right now. Perhaps a small buff to either 210 or 215 would be appropriate, but we should compare to other tests to conclude that.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: The strategy when playing Torquemada is really interesting. You want to send him recklessly out into the fray to die, since he can just come back later. Keeping the other attackers close by to gain the bonuses of Pure Vigilance is also essential, so he encourages lots of thoughts about positioning. My Terminators are Watching didn’t yield a lot of results in these games, mostly because the other figures were targeted over Torquemada whenever was reasonably possible/convenient.
EDIT: Looks like my paragraph breaks didn't copy over properly. Sorry!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!