View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Karai - Initial Playtesting

- Theme Test - Definite Pass, she feels just like Karai.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass
- Bonding with the Hand Ninja is strong, but the Hand are used to having terrifying bonding heroes - Karai is nothing outside the norm.
- Synergies Test - Pass - The ninja faction is strong, but again, she's nowhere outside the norm for it.
- Power Check - Pass - Stacking attack boosts can be terrifying for her, but not to any concerning degree - there are other characters who like it just as much if not more.
- Fun Test - Definite Pass! I loved how mobile and strategic she was in combat.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - She's a fun figure to fight.
- Drafting Test - Pass - Particularly in Foot Clan/Hand Ninja builds, but she has her place in Avengers and Guardians builds as well.
- Usage Test - Pass - All powers were regularly used and extremely useful.
- Strategy Test - Definite Pass - Combat with her is extremely strategic - thinking about how and where to move with Acrobatic Movement, how to make the most out of positioning, whether to strike twice in melee of back off to make the second shot at range, she’s loads of fun and very strategic to play. Ever since I first saw the Acrobatic Movement power, I’ve wanted to see it on the card of a multi-attacker to see them leap and weave as they strike. I finally have my wish.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Karai

Hero and Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 175?
- Give a brief overview. Man, was she fun to play! She played just as I hoped she would - the ability to leave combat and reposition with Acrobatic Movement was incredibly useful, both defensively and to strategically set herself up either for a solid strike from height or to keep her safer on height. The combination of Focused Strike and Acrobatic Movement makes her incredibly strategic, even in single combat. She’s tonnes of fun to play! I’m really, really happy with her. She even held her own against Leo!
Map: Blackroot (no glyphs)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
Map: Sewer Labyrinth (Because I had to...) (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Shredder, Karai (175), Ubu, Foot Clan Ninja, 3x Hand Ninja (930 points)

vs.
Master Splinter, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo (930 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs)
Armies:
Karai (170), Leonardo, Captain America (C3G), Michelangelo, Donatello, Bucky (1000 Points)
vs.
Iron Patriot, M.O.D.O.K, Red Hood, Cheshire (1,000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I'm really, really happy with her as she is, and will propose moving her to Public Playtesting at 185 tomorrow.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 11th, 2018 at 07:17 AM.