View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2018, 01:30 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Red Lantern (Kara Zor-El) (Initial)

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Red Lantern (Kara Zor-El)

Army Test
Map: Mole Hills
Units: Red Lantern (Kara) @370, Eradicator, Ms. Marvel (1000) vs Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Red Lantern (Kara) @370, Eradicator, Ms. Marvel (1000) vs Captain America, Bucky, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Man Mk IV (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Changes made: New version of Reckless Rage, defense up to 6
Quote:
RECKLESS RAGE
After this Red Lantern attacks a figure she was not engaged with at the start of her turn, if there is at least one red Battery Marker on this card, that figure receives an unblockable wound for each blank rolled by this Red Lantern, and this Red Lantern receives an unblockable wound for each blank rolled by the defending figure. If the defending figure receives one or more wounds from this special power, remove a red Battery Marker from this card.
Army Test
Units: Red Lantern (Kara) @370, Eradicator, Ms. Marvel (1000) vs Captain America, Bucky, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Man Mk IV (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Changes made: Tweak to newer Reckless Rage to let her lose markers more easily, defense back down to 5
Quote:
RECKLESS RAGE
After this Red Lantern attacks a figure she was not engaged with at the start of her turn, if there is at least one red Battery Marker on this card, that figure receives an unblockable wound for each blank rolled by this Red Lantern, and this Red Lantern receives an unblockable wound for each blank rolled by the defending figure. Remove a red Battery Marker from this card for each wound this Red Lantern inflicted on the defending figure this turn.
Army Test
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Ran a few games with Kara. She was feeling a bit lackluster at first, and not in a way that was fixable with a points adjustment: she was just a little blah. So I started messing around with Reckless Rage (notes on the changes in between games) to inject some of that 'Flying Charge' feel I had in some prototype versions of the write-up, and I feel like she's in a better place. Probably going to run a couple more games and shake up the armies a little bit to confirm, but I figured I should post up what I had so far.

Army Test
Units: Red Lantern (Kara) @370, Lex Luthor (I), Hired Guns, Mysterio, Mysterio Holograms, Krypto, Bodyguard x2, Wizard (1000) vs Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Okay, that was just one more game, but it was a really fun game. Super-close, and I feel really good about the current version.

Last edited by Ronin; April 2nd, 2018 at 06:42 PM.