View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2018, 03:46 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Black Bolt - Danger Room Testing

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Black Bolt

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Black Bolt(380), Gorgon(270), Karnak(190), Medusa(370) (1210)
vs.
Professor X(220), Wolverine(280), Jean Grey(180), Angel(90), Sage(190), Psylocke(250) (1210)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2 (rematch)
Units:
vs.
Professor X(220), Wolverine(280), Jean Grey(180), Angel(90), Sage(190), Psylocke(250) (1210)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3 (rematch again, with the go all in on Prof. X strategy)
Units:
vs.
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 3 losses here, though each game got closer and closer. Overall though, it's hard to say how I feel. On one hand, Black Bolt felt like he performed decently. I can't really fault him when he pumped out decent wounds each game, and managed to get double turns throughout most of each game. On the other hand, they lost each game no matter how good they were doing. If anything, I felt maybe Medusa could be dropped 10 points, making them a nice 1,200 point army.

Love the faction though, and Black Bolt was a lot of fun. Perhaps Medusa's rolls weren't lucky enough, as she seemed to miss her auto-wounds/placement rolls way more often than not. Not really any complaints with the design though. I dig it, he's fun, and I'm sure it was just a luck issue. As for 6 aura vs. 8, it didn't really hinder him other than 1 circumstance where Gorgon charged off to take out Professor X, but I never really felt like it was that difficult to keep everyone within range. I'd be fine with 8 just for the sake of me losing 3 matches I'd prefer to error in his favor, but I really don't find it that big of a deal regardless.