View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2018, 01:00 AM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Freddy Krueger (Initial PLaytest)

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Freddy Krueger

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Freddy Krueger(175), Jason Voorhees(175), War Machine(270), Shang-Chi(230), Cosmo(160) (1010)
vs.
Professor X(220), Wolverine(280), Beast(170), Psylocke(250), Angel(90) (1010)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Freddy Krueger(175), War Machine(270), Diablo(140), Blob(165), Oracle (110), Star Sapphire(140) (1000)
vs.
Green Lantern(Hal)(350), Green Lantern(John)(340), Green Lantern(Kilowog)(310) (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Units:
Freddy Krueger(175), Jason Voorhees(175), Cosmo(160), War-Machine(270), Diabo(140) (920)
vs.
Star-Lord(250), Captain America(240), Gamora(310), Firestar(120) (920)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He definitely feels like Freddy. His unblockable can feel nasty if he rolls lucky, but with a 33% chance to fail each time, he can also get pulled out multiple times in a row. The high risk high reward approach is certainly felt. In game 2 he was destroyed without doing any damage, but in game 3 he was pulled out several times and managed to squirm his way back to safety thanks to the combo of Cosmo back at the start zone. He feels fun, but it's hard to justify his cost at 175 as he's eating turns for likely 1 wound, 2 wounds if you're lucky, or to just outright be pulled out and risk death. He's playing with fire, pun definitely intended. Overall I'd say we drop him to 165 and see how he does in Public Playtesting. I'm ready to see how others fare with him, as I've lost every single game I've played with him, across all versions, so either I'm not maximizing his potential, or he's just not worth building everything around him. Regardless, he's fun, so I'm thinking a drop to 165 and we'll see what happens.