View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2018, 03:39 PM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Nightcrawler (II) (Initial Playtesting)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) II

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Nightcrawler II(205), Captain Britain(285), Shadowcat II(170), Sage(190) (850)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Tigra(170), Shang-Chi(230) (850)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Custom
Units:
Nightcrawler II(200), Bane(190), Star-Lord(250), Invisible Woman(215) (850)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Tigra(170), Shang-Chi(230) (850)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Nightcrawler definitely feels Nightcrawlery, which is fantastic. Is he the offensive star of the show? Well, he can do a lot of 1-2 wounds here and there when surrounded by attack boosters, but I think you'll find better figures to build your army around attack wise at a similar point level. If the 2 losses here shows anything, it's that he's good at defending/dodging damage, great at moving your figures around the way you want and getting himself where he needs to be, and decent at some smaller hits if the support is there. I think he feels as close to perfect as I'd want or expect him to be performance wise. He didn't get the win in either game here, but that's because I was relying on him 100% to be the damage dealer in both games, and that's likely not the best role for him.
He can certainly do it if needed, but it's not what he's going to be best for.