View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2017, 03:12 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Foot Clan Ninja

Here are Qualizium's test results. Looks like he did a pretty good job on his first report. The test results are a little concerning as they were not really close at all, but after reading the full report I'm a little less concerned. It looks like those 10 point filler Skrulls ended up hurting him in the first test as they allowed the Foot to keep bringing back a full team, but he realized his mistake. However that first test led him to overly fixate on stomping out the Foot in the second test and resulted in the Fan4 not playing to their strengths. I'll give the other tests another look over tomorrow but right now I'm not thinking any changes are needed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium
Here's the feedback form for Foot Clan Ninja. This is my first c3g playtest so please bear with me. If you have any questions, anything I've written is unclear, or if there's anything that should be done differently in the future, don't hesitate to let me know.

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Foot Clan Ninja

Army Test
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Foot Clan Ninja (155), Solomon Grundy (290), 2 squads of Hand Ninja (170 total), Bullseye (175), Fire Ant Swarm (10) - 800 points

VS

Wolverine (280), Sage (190), Deadpool (285), Bob (25), Skrull Infiltrator x2 (20 total) - 800 points

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Mr Fantastic (235), Invisible Woman (215), Human Torch (225), The Thing (325) - 1000 points

VS

Foot Clan Ninja (155), Solomon Grundy (290), 2 Squads of Hand Ninja (170 total), Gamora (310), Ant-Man Hank Pym (30), Killer Bee (15) 3 Fire Ant Swarms (30 total) - 1000 points

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: They're definitely draftable. They're pretty fast, they walk right past you and pick their own targets, they can't be tied down without special powers, they roll enough attack dice to wear down plenty of things, there's four of them, they reinforce themselves pretty reliably (although when it fails it's very bad for them), and they can retreat after attacking. Pair them up with the equally fast and nearly equally slippery Hand Ninjas and you've got an incredibly annoying force, even if you leave one Foot Ninja behind in a safer spot to be the reinforcement guy. If I had time I'd do more tests, but just going by these two I could see them going up in price or going down in power. Dropping down to 3 figures would really limit the "let one guy hang back for reinforcements" strategy, but that's a pretty drastic change. I could also see the reinforcement roll going up. I'm not an experienced tester, so obviously take this with a grain of salt.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I'm conflicted, because I like the thematic elements, and I like playing as them, but I don't really enjoy playing against them. When I'm playing against them I feel like they dictate my strategy more than a 155 point squad should.