View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Shredder - Public Playtesting

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Shredder @250 points

Army Test
Map: Fulcrum
Units: Shredder, Hand Ninja x2, Elite League Assassins, Boomerang (700) vs Ninja Turtles (700)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Fulcrum
Units: Shredder, Hand Ninja x5, Azrael, Merlyn (1005) vs Scarlet Spider (Kaine), Robin (Dick), Catgirl, Nite Owl, Black Canary, Green Arrow (Ollie), Batgirl (Cass) (1005)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: One butt-kicking received, one butt-kicking handed out. Antagonizing Presence can really get nasty with Hand Ninja swarms, particularly when you're bonding said Ninja with units that can multi-attack or otherwise leverage the extra attack die. I'd love to see more testing with the Shredder, Hand Ninja, and either of the Unique Assassin Squads - Elite League and Man-Bat Assassins both seem like great choices (the Elite League didn't pan out that well for me, but I'm not convinced that there's not potential there).

He didn't really get personally involved until the endgame, in both matches, which felt very Shredder.

EDIT: Misplayed him with Merlyn in the second game (shouldn't have let him boost for or against the non-adjacent attacks). I'll run another game here.

EDIT TWO: Re-ran the game, paying a little more attention to the restrictions on Antagonizing Presence. Not sure how I messed that up, because I was on top of it in the first game. Anyhow, still a victory for Team Shredder, though by a smaller margin.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive 92: Android of Atlas)

Last edited by Ronin; July 5th, 2017 at 10:32 PM.