View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2017, 12:42 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Shredder - Public Playtesting

Here are Lobster's tests:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl
NAME = SHREDDER
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = NINJA
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 250

ANTAGONIZING PRESENCE
All figures that are within 4 clear sight spaces of Shredder add 1 to their Attack number when attacking an adjacent figure and, if they are not Wise, subtract 1 from their Defense number when defending against an adjacent figure.

WHIRLWIND ASSAULT
Shredder may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Shredder is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Shredder (250)

Army Test
Map: Broken Skyline
Units: Shredder (250) Elektra, Punisher, Hired Guns (730) VS. Nightwing, Raven, Superboy, Beast Boy, Beast Boy Pterodactyl (730).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: .
Units: Star-Lord, Cable, Deathstroke, Skrull Infiltrator (815) VS Hand Ninjas x1, Shredder, Gamora, Elektra (815)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: In the 1st game, I screwed up pretty royally, allowing my opponent to use Antagonizing Presence against me. Mostly that one was a complete failure for Shredder because they couldn’t keep up with the bonding for the Teen Titans. The second game was much closer and a lot of fun, although I felt hesitant to use Shredder because I didn’t want to move in and allow my opponent to get in the first attack with Antagonizing Presence. So he hung out in the back until I could time it. Barring my goofs on the 1st battle his cost seemed fine. When it comes to his draftability though, It just depends how much focus you want to put on Shredder, a casual gamer might not want to deal with the negatives of Antagonizing Presence. It is Shredder though so I’m sure he will see a lot of battles.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: First of all I thought for sure Shredder would be a 5 defense kinda guy, he can go down pretty quick, especially against range. Obviously Ruthless Counterstrike has to be taken into consideration there so I can see the 4 I suppose. I’m not a fan of Antagonizing Presence also, just my personal taste, but I can’t say I have any better ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!